The Elder Scrolls V: Dominion- Recruiting Talents

kahasana

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I see you need voice actresses. I'm interested in being a part of this. I have a microphone and recording program (Audacity, if you know of it). I have 24/7 access to a computer, but limited access to internet, depending on finances and time constraints. My life at the moment is a little unpredictable and spontaneous, but what time I can, I would love to dedicate to this project.

I'm also a bit of a writer, so if you would like a little help with storylines, I'm happy to help :)

Let me know what you decide. PM me and I can give you my email address. The project plans look really good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I am a 3d artist. Just returning from a break from 3d!

https://imageshack.com/user/matth80 (Ignore the first 4 pictures, eh..). The further down you go, the earlier the work. Enjoy the journey!

My sword mods, which is the 2 models I have ever bothered to release. At least under my name.

Tiamat and Anghelm.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46905/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46707/?

Now, before anything else: I am a little on the fence here. This is a lot of work, and it requires strict chain of command, and a plan. I also require that people know how much work is required, and what dedication is required.

It also require some sort of "leadership", for lack of better word. One could say it need to mimic the setup that is used in game industry. 1 person calling the shots. 1 person in charge of certain aspect(modelling, storytelling, etc, etc), etc.

That said, here is a little summary about me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 years old.

From Norway.

Using 3ds max 2012, Zbrush 4R6 and Photosho CS3.

Currently trying to get rid of my gaming addiction, so I need to transfer my spare time to something else. I haven't been modelling in the better part of a year, so I need some warm-up. So this looks like a decent place to look!

Specialty:

Hard surface modelling - most of my models used to be hard surface. Such as weapons, guns, static objects. Its where I am most comfortable, to be honest.

Organic - The last times I did 3d I focused on organic modelling. Especially anatomy and human body. I am shifting from "Environment-hard surface"-modelling to "organic-character creation" modelling. Just because of the flexibility it gives.

Skillset:

Modelling - My models are decent all around. Nothing overly fantastic, but I can reach a good quality level. I always produce 3 different models, and name everything:

1) The sculpt.

2) The clean model.

3) The optimized model.

This makes life a lot easier for re-models, or for other people to do changes to my models.

Texturing - My textures have gotten a lot better the last years. I can easily reach today-level texture quality. I work within Photoshop, and work very non-destructive. I name all layers logically, and in groups.

Again, makes like a lot easier for anybody else, even non-experienced people, to dabble with the texture.

Particles - During the end-period of Oblivion, I spent a lot of time on particle effects and static animations. I talked to the highly skilled SaidenStorm, and learned a lot from him about it. Basically, I can make effects. I can not, however, script these effects, which is why I never made custom spells, even though I had the magic effects added. Heck, I even tried to reverse-engineer the Midas magic pack, but those scripts are way beyond me!

CK work - I have made lots of different stuff within the CK. I have no problems making different things.

Nifskope - Our .nif modelling plugin. I have spent houres upon houres, both in Oblivion and in Skyrim, to find out how to work with it. The whole "copy-paste" technique is something I do not like, so I learned how to actually make my models work without it.

Lore - I am a bif sucker for game lore. I could name you almost all of the lore in any of the games I ever played. I find it.. amusing. Hence I got a good grasp of the lore. That said, this mod could potentionally step one some toes, so be careful!

I have played Daggerfall(played about 80 houres), Morrowind(Played about 20 houres.), Oblivion(Played about

1000 houres, lol) and Skyrim(2 saves. 1 on 250 houres, other one 140 houres).

Currently I am spending some time learning anatomy, again, and also learning to draw concepts. I can't draw at all, so that's quite the challenge.

Hence I will not be making any armor-models any time soon.

Cheers,

Matth!

Do you have any scripts for voiceacting auditions? They generally give you a better idea of whether the voice fits, since you're hearing lines that fit the mod instead of just going by unrelated stuff.

One suggestion if I may: I went to your team forum, and while its statistics read ~250 posts, there's less than 10 that are visible to non-members apparently. I know that a lot of big mod/dlc project teams like to keep part of their development internal, especially in the graphic departement, but imho that's a comon and generally fatal mistake in the long run: because hidden forums sections are not a good idea when you want to attract new members, it can give the (hopefully false) impression that your project isn't really active. I'm just saying, since the project seems otherwise quite interesting, and apparently you do have talented people willing to join.

Edited by Percevan

To Matth:

Hi! Please register an account on our forum and send me an email for recording.

You don't need to write very much in the email, just tell me that you're Matth and what's your forum id.

If you're a skype user, please add [email protected] too.

btw, I play WoW too.

To Serithi:

Oh, before the voice test, I'll ask him/her which type of voice does he/she want to act, and I'll give him/her a fresh-designed script.

To Percevan:

Ahh, it's because many things are not yet discussed and decent for viewing.

When the time comes, I'll release some teasers.

I could do some voice editing, maybe even voice acting. And i'm also fairly skilled in editing, so i could make a trailer. I also work alot with Creation Kit, so that would suit me good too.

- I would love to be a part of this project.

To ItsTiTan:

Welcome to join the team of Dominion!

Please send me an email for recording ([email protected]),

register an account on our forum (http://skyrimdominion.freeforums.org/index.php) so I can give you permission to view our Team Discussion board.

If you have a Skype account, please add [email protected] too.

You don't need to write anything serious in the email.

It's just for recording so you can simply put down your account in nexus and our forum :)