Lelianas face is silver and no hair

magatronx

Hiya,

I'm new to the modding community and was wondering if someone could help me. Apologies if this question has been asked before

I followed Just Call me frostys tutorial on setting up the mods here:

It all went perfectly. I then started adding more mods to enhance the game including better textures etc. Heres a list of what is currently installed:

Dragon Age Redesigned

Hairstyle Day

JB3textures

Blighted Darkspawn textures

DA2 Isabela and flemeth DAO

Aioon-themed tattoos

Bidelles cosmetics

black hair is black

CC extra tints and tones

CS NEW eyes

CS skins

DAO - anto hairstyles

Ferelden Elves - DA2 styles

Lipstick - mole and freckle textures

LOTC Default Eye texture

LOTC Female Eyelashes

Fereldon Models

LOTC Eye Textures

SP Scars

SP Eyes

Pineapple trees vibrant eyes

New Textures by MissB

Lovely Presets (some faces from lovely presets are silver and bald)

The results are great, however I have a problem with a few presets and Lelianas face. Im not sure how to fix Lelianas face and im not sure if other characters are affected by it as i've arrived in Lothering.

any ideas? did i miss a mod i shouldve installed or do i need to deleted something?

Edited by magatronx

Silver/grey faces mean you are missing the skin textures for the morph. Likewise, you haven't installed the required hairstyle for a morph, if the hair is absent and the rear of the skull is 'invisible'.

You don't mention which of the three options (Lore, Aesthetic, Recommended) for Dragon Age Redesigned you've installed. If it is either the Aesthetic or Recommended versions, then you are missing the required mod, tucked hair.

From what mod is the Leliana morph that you've installed? The mod description or enclosed documentation should list any additional requirements.

For the presets to work correctly in the character creator, you must also add/merge the assets to the chargenmorphcfg.xml file. (See: Installing cosmetic mods for Dragon Age, for more information.)

Edited by theskymoves

Thank you for getting back to me,

I have downloaded the tucked hair mod and thats running fine but that wasnt the issue as i installed it the same time as the other mods. I ended up uninstalling Lelianas Redesigned (version 9 Sacred Ashes Popular version) as i thought that was the cause of the problem but then her head was still white and her hair missing. I think I might be missing hairstyle morphs.

Im having the same issue with some other presets too, some can be remmedied by just changing complexions but most have silver face syndrome lol

Edited by magatronx

If you have other mods installed that aren't listed in your first post, it will limit my ability to help you (as I'm not interested in watching a YouTube video), but I will offer some general thoughts.

If the presets have a silver or grey face, it's either because the skin texture isn't installed at all, or it is installed but not enumerated in the chargenmorphcfg.xml file. The result is the same in either case: the character creator cannot access the required texture, because as far as it is concerned, the texture doesn't exist. (A correctly edited/merged chargenmorphcfg.xml file is a absolute necessity, when using mods for the in-game chargen.)

Re the Leliana morph, the 'Sacred Ashes' hairstyle is included in both the manual install and executable installer versions of DAR. Both the base and blend skin textures for the morph are standard Bioware textures (uh_hed_fema_0d and uh_hed_kida_0d), so there is nothing additional to install for that morph to work correctly.

That Leliana does not revert to her vanilla morph and also presents with the missing hair/silver/grey texture issue indicates that there is most likely a second Leliana morph file in your override (which took precedence over the DAR morph), and that the second morph is the one that is actually missing the hairstyle and skin texture files.

Search your override folder for any files called hf_genfl_leliana.mor, and remove them all. Load the game to confirm that Leliana has reverted to her vanilla morph. Once you have a 'known good' status for the issue, you can then try installing the morph of your choice for her character.

If you have other mods installed that aren't listed in your first post, it will limit my ability to help you (as I'm not interested in watching a YouTube video), but I will offer some general thoughts.

If the presets have a silver or grey face, it's either because the skin texture isn't installed at all, or it is installed but not enumerated in the chargenmorphcfg.xml file. The result is the same in either case: the character creator cannot access the required texture, because as far as it is concerned, the texture doesn't exist. (A correctly edited/merged chargenmorphcfg.xml file is a absolute necessity, when using mods for the in-game chargen.)

Re the Leliana morph, the 'Sacred Ashes' hairstyle is included in both the manual install and executable installer versions of DAR. Both the base and blend skin textures for the morph are standard Bioware textures (uh_hed_fema_0d and uh_hed_kida_0d), so there is nothing additional to install for that morph to work correctly.

That Leliana does not revert to her vanilla morph and also presents with the missing hair/silver/grey texture issue indicates that there is most likely a second Leliana morph file in your override (which took precedence over the DAR morph), and that the second morph is the one that is actually missing the hairstyle and skin texture files.

Search your override folder for any files called hf_genfl_leliana.mor, and remove them all. Load the game to confirm that Leliana has reverted to her vanilla morph. Once you have a 'known good' status for the issue, you can then try installing the morph of your choice for her character.

Thank you, i appreciate the help :)

I ended up installing CGI Leliana mod which ended up helping in the end ( i added the chargenmorphcfg.xml file into the file) . I will also look into what you mentioned as i would like to know why she lost. I was told in the tutorial to delete uh_hed_dwfa_0d.dds uh_hed_elfa_0d.dds uh_hed_fema_0d.dds uh_hed_infa_0d.dds uh_hed_masa_0d.dds uh_hed_olda_0d.dds uh_hed_quna_0d.dds uh_hed_sica_0d.dds in the JB3 file. maybe thats why her head is missing? :O if thats the case, how do i get those files back?

Thank you, i appreciate the help :smile:

I ended up installing CGI Leliana mod which ended up helping in the end ( i added the chargenmorphcfg.xml file into the file) . I will also look into what you mentioned as i would like to know why she lost. I was told in the tutorial to delete uh_hed_dwfa_0d.dds uh_hed_elfa_0d.dds uh_hed_fema_0d.dds uh_hed_infa_0d.dds uh_hed_masa_0d.dds uh_hed_olda_0d.dds uh_hed_quna_0d.dds uh_hed_sica_0d.dds in the JB3 file. maybe thats why her head is missing? :O if thats the case, how do i get those files back?

The deleted JB3 textures are just replacers for the game's original skin textures, so their absence could not cause any of the issues you are seeing.

Were you able to revert Leliana to her unmodded, vanilla appearance, before installing the latest morph for her?

Edited by theskymoves