how does the merchant system works?

LayonGod

I was wondering, on how does the mercantile system works in skyrim. especially for stuff that i sell

ex: if i sell a modded spear with some awesomely enchantment in whiterun, is it possible that this spear, after quite some time, will be sold in solitude? or maybe used by some NPC or bandit?

Please explain.

and if there is no such system in skyrim, is there any mod, that could do so?

and if there is no such mod, does someone here could make a mod out of it?

Thank YOU

Sorry, that enchanted spear will disappear in a matter of days. Here's how the system works. Each merchant in Skyrim (anyone with the "What have you got for sale?" dialogue option) has a specific designation, or tag; general merchant, apothecary (potions), blacksmith, fletcher (bows and arrows), court mage, other wizard (College masters, etc.), and a couple others. This designation determines the merchant's inventory, or the items stored in their merchant chest, which is an actual chest only accessible with collisions turned off. The price is affected by Speech skill and barter enchantments. Mods like Trade and Barter (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34612/?) account for other factors, such as relationship rank (are you friends with the vendor? Married?), nakedness, having a weapon drawn, race, skill (a skilled archer gets better prices at a fletcher, for example), and others.

In vanilla Skyrim, that merchant chest, including the gold inside, resets, meaning that you'll have a new selection of items to buy, and the merchant will have a refreshed supply of gold to buy your items. As for the mod you suggested, that sounds really cool, and much more realistic. There's this one really cool mod that sort of tries to achieve that called Economics of Skyrim (it's been discontinued though). In addition to making trading much more difficult and keeping the player in poverty much longer than in the vanilla game, it would also take the vendor's location into account when determining the vendor's inventory. For example, you could find Dwemer goods in Markarth, but not in Solitude. That sort of thing. Let me know if you have any further questions.