Question about upgrading to Win10

wpgfurry

Steam has announced that all support for Win 7 and 8 will end by Jan 2024. I'm wondering if I upgrade to win10 will it disrupt skyrim sse and all my mods or will it be ok? I've got 346mods installed and a slow internet connection so trying to redownload everything if a clean install is needed would take weeks. Has anyone had any issues upgrading?

Theoretically, upgrading to 10 won't change any of that. Theoretically..... having a backup is a VERY good idea. If your machine will support it, might consider going directly to 11, and skipping 10. 10 runs out of support in October 2025.

ok i'll take your suggestions and go directly to 11 (assuming I don't have to update my hardware to run it). As for backing up I'll have to do that to a seperate harddrive as i'm almost maxed out on mine now. Also I'm still running nmm

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure your PC is w11 complaint. Otherwise w10 is your only option (and that presumes your PC is w10 compliant, which could be questionable considering you're using windows 7)