Best way to prepare for Awakening ?

AlitheaAncunin

Makers Blessing!

I'm going to tackle the final battle soon and wonder how to best prepare my Warden for Awakening. Like is there a way to take items with me? If so, how do I do it? It's only my second playthrough and the first time I didn't pay attention to it.

Don't laugh, I slept on Dragon Age for over a decade and since March 2023 I played Origins, DA 2, Inquisition - rinse and repeat. I might be addicted. However, would be very appreciated if someone could help me out.

Also what do I do with my mods? Uninstall all that aren't explicitly labelled compatible? I guess.

Most of the items in your warden's inventory will import, but not all of them, especially DLC items. When you start Awakening, you'll get to choose which file you wish to import. The game will create an autosave after the archdemon has been slain; you can also create your own save if you wish.

There's no need to uninstall incompatible mods; they should not effect Awakening gameplay.

There's at least one DAO mod that should be uninstalled before playing Awakening (Awakening in the OC), and some that will cause 'annoyances' if left installed during DAA (e.g., Improved Potions; the modded stamina pots that drop in DAA are useless).

Good to know! Thankfully I have neither of those. Spending the day on and off preparing because I love my King Alistair and Queen Elithea Cousland so so much and don't want to screw it up. It's like the perfect playthrough and outcome (for me at least) and I'd be really upset if something happened to Alithea (their shipname in my head).

However, you have my thanks, theskymoves. Again. Just thanked you in a different thread :D