Enclave Outcast Armor (have mesh but it crashes GECK)

OpposingFarce

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on this. It's some APA that looks like it's worn by a true wasteland veteran. See, I'm fairly GECK savvy, but every time I go to use the mesh in the GECK it crashes the GECK! By stripping some of the accessories I can get it in-game, but the accessories remaining are often in weird positions floating far from the back or body, basically retaining the old xyz coordinates of the original mesh rather than the new attachments and coordinates they have. Or at least I assume that's the issue.

But I'd much rather have all the attachments pictured. Can anyone help? Is anyone blender-savvy? My research leads me to believe that if someone takes the meshes and put them together as pictured within blender it would work, although I can't guarantee that.

So if anyone would like to try their hand at it let me know. Please PM me.

Getting the accessories to stay where you put them is an easy fix in 3ds Max. It's probably similar in Blender. Select the skin modifier and under "Advanced Parameters" un-tick "Always Deform".

Are the accessories missing the BSDismemberSkin modifier and/or skin modifier? Either would make it crash. Also when you export from Max you have to rebuild the dismember every time. I'm not sure if Blender has that issue or not.