2 OnActivate script help

Hello all. I couldn't find any relevant info on my issue. I'm trying to patch 2 mods that both call on objects using OnActivate. So the question is, how to activate both scripts with a single object activation.

for me to understand what you want to do, your description is lacking :P (could be a me problem)

but maybe you're looking for something like this

if ( "SomeObjectWithScript".SomeVariableOnThatObject == 1 )

set "SomeObjectWithScript".SomeVariableOnThatObject to 1

or use a global variable, but since i know about the thing above, i stopped using globals when possible.

Ok yeah, more info. I am attempting to make a patch to make Animated Containers Optimized and Disturb The Dead mods both function together. However, the mods both add an OnActivate script to objects. So that's the scope of my issue.
Regarding your snippet, is the idea to 'activate' both scripts simultaneously? Because yeah that would be ideal. Otherwise I would have to alter the scripts, and get permissions to release the patch publicly. Which can be virtually impossible these days.

Edited by ReverendFelix

mw modhistory is down, but i found disturb the dead, but not animated containers optimized so i can't check. and the animated containers on nexus doesn't add any scripts to containers.

is using Disturb The Dead set in stone ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48332 Sepulchral Curses i inspired by disturb the dead, is a mwse mod, so no scripts on containers, and the author recommends animated containers so i expect them to be compatible.

if you use openmw both Sepulchral Curses and the animated containers on nexus are not an option.

altering the scripts should be possible, load both plugins but none as active and make the changes, so the patch requires both mods to be loaded before.

and i think the snippets i posted wont help here, now that i get the problem.

First let me say, I do not support, condone, or condemn OpenMW. It's just not a part of things for me. Yeah AC Optimized is found here; http://stuporstar.sarahdimento.com/updates/downloads/ It's great! But it does add attach scripts to containers in order to be more light weight. Admittedly, both versions create a lot mod incompatibilities.. No DTD is not set in stone. I like the look of the mod you suggested, and it will most likely solve my dilemma. It seems more lore-friendly as well, which for me is a +1. I appreciate your help :thumbsup:

For the record, I would still like to know how to fire off 2 OnActivate scripts simultaneously. Just in case I ever want/need to.

i had a quick look at some scripts, and it wasn't obvious to me right away how to combine the scripts and to lazy to try out stuff right now :P

but the thing i would have tried would be, to insert the disturb the dead parts of the script after the "Activate" part in the animated script. so the idea would be it runs when the container activates instead "OnActivate"

Yeah, I had the idea to blend the scripts too. But it seems a bit out of my scope at the moment. I'm still a little green regarding MW scripting. I may just end up trying my hand at it though. Disturb The Dead(DTD) does have some other bits to it that I liked the idea of. A grave robber notoriety with status curses, and added loot-able skull piles and sarcophagus' to Mournhold. So a patch definitely has merit. I really am enjoying the Sepulchral Curses mod, it definitely is a game changer. I just want that next step 'DTD' supplies. Thank you, I'll work on it.