The Middle-Earth Roleplaying (MERP) mod

NamesAreUseless

By download restrictions, I mean I have a limit to what I can download, don't have net at home and so the local library on my laptop is the best bet for me.

I know this mod will take a little while to complete and so I am hoping that soon enough I can help!

Just thinking, will there be a possibility for existing players to travel to middle earth? I would certainly start a new game for the mod, but I would like the option of travelling to and from Cyrodiil at will. Maybe some kind of rift (sound pretty cliche, but hey, cliche obviously works if it's been used so often), or perhaps somebody in Middle earth opened a gate between worlds for some reason, I mean it would be excellent to stay to the main idea of the LOTR, but of course I assume the aim of this mod is not only to bring that to life, but to also provide people with the opportunity to really explore Middle Earth.

Maybe the Ayleids could be some kind of ancient Middle Earth race who faced some kind of dire peril and escaped to a different world - hence Tamriel? And their portal has been reopened somehow.

Oh well, I've been blabbering, good thing about these mods is that there are so many possibilties!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to have new weapons and armor in the mod? :)

Like Gondorian armor and maybe a Gondorian Longsword?

UK47 has released some weapons in TexNexus...

Just search for "LOTR" and you'll find them!

;)

This looks like an overwhelmingly awesome mod. I'm not even a huge fan of LOTR, but just looking at those screenshots and reading up on everything, I feel that playing this will just be epic. If you want, I'd be happy to do some free voice work if you want. I'm not good at modding beyond creating NPCs, and as for 3D modding, I'm still learning.

I have no experience doing voice work, but I imagine I could do voices for common characters or evil characters (i have a really deep voice)

I'll keep you in mind if we ever need voice work done :)

By download restrictions, I mean I have a limit to what I can download, don't have net at home and so the local library on my laptop is the best bet for me.

I know this mod will take a little while to complete and so I am hoping that soon enough I can help!

Just thinking, will there be a possibility for existing players to travel to middle earth? I would certainly start a new game for the mod, but I would like the option of travelling to and from Cyrodiil at will. Maybe some kind of rift (sound pretty cliche, but hey, cliche obviously works if it's been used so often), or perhaps somebody in Middle earth opened a gate between worlds for some reason, I mean it would be excellent to stay to the main idea of the LOTR, but of course I assume the aim of this mod is not only to bring that to life, but to also provide people with the opportunity to really explore Middle Earth.

Maybe the Ayleids could be some kind of ancient Middle Earth race who faced some kind of dire peril and escaped to a different world - hence Tamriel? And their portal has been reopened somehow.

Oh well, I've been blabbering, good thing about these mods is that there are so many possibilties!!

We really don't want to connect Cyrodiil and Middle Earth in anyway lore-wise. This isn't called a "Total Conversion" mod for nothing. However, the main Cyrodiil worldspace should even exist with this mod. For example, if you were to create a character with one of the Middle Earth races we'd provide, after creation would be teleported to Middle Earth. To get to Cyrodiil I'm sure all you need to do is "cow cyrodiil X,X".

What's the story going to be on Middle Earth ? (First Age, Second Age, Third Age, After Third Age)

Third Age, around the time of the beginning of FOTR (and onwards towards the rest of the trilogy). We haven't decided the EXACT in-game date, but you got the idea ;)

I have just thought of something, is Tom Bombadill going to be in the mod???

Of course we will (when we start adding NPCs)! We take the lore of the books into account :thumbsup:

Are you going to have new weapons and armor in the mod? :)

Like Gondorian armor and maybe a Gondorian Longsword?

UK47 has released some weapons in TexNexus...

Just search for "LOTR" and you'll find them!

;)

Yeah, we're gonna use previous LOTR weapon mods, armors, NPCs, etc. that other modders have created as well as our own. Remember guys, this is a TOTAL CONVERSION mod. That means original races, gear, NPCs, faction, scripts, quests, etc.

Oh and I've already asked UK47 if he wanted to join the team. Unfortunately he cannot (but he said he'd like to at some point later maybe, and he said he'd take some requests).