Become High King Of Skyrim

Mopel

Considering the fact that Ulfric's cause is noble, but his intentions are only to be High King of Skyrim, I want to be able to dethrone or start a coup against him. I just really hate the fact that when I side with the Stormcloaks inspired by the cause, they get an opportunistic leader who kills a honorable Imperial general.

With the sacrifice of Martin Septim during the Oblivion crisis, the Dragonborn emperor bloodline which has flown from Tiber Septim himself ended. It was then replaced by petty Emperors.

However, with the player character being Dragonborn, don't you have more right to the throne of high king of Skyrim then Ulfric? You are the one who made his victory possible and you joined it with noble intentions. You are a rightful heir to Tiber Septim.

With the help of Ralof, and various other loyal characters within the Stormcloaks (not Galmar) and also the exiled Jarls (who hate your guts by this point) you should be able to expose him for what he really is, by spreading the proof that he really just wants to be High King. (Proof as in the various conversations he had with Galmar). You then Storm the Palace.

You can then challenge Ulfric to a dual (which would be fair, considering you both can use the Th'um)

Defeating him, you could then choose to do the moot (which should occur the next day), or just crown yourself outright.

What do you think?

Edited by Mopel

I like this idea. It makes a lot of sense. I will point out you're not a descendant of Tiber Septim; as you mentioned, his bloodline ended. Anyway, an awesome idea. I'd use it if it ever managed to be completed properly. Until then, I'll stick with Civil War Overhaul.

I will point out you're not a descendant of Tiber Septim; as you mentioned, his bloodline ended.

Changed it now, thanks for pointing that out :smile: . I think "rightful heir" is a better wording for it? Considering you're the only known Dragonborn in Tamriel at this point.

I just assumed that the player character was a descendant of a child out of wedlock from one of the past Septim emperors. But that's just speculation on my part.

This mod would just work for all the players who choose the stormcloak side, but don't like the drawbacks of Ulfric and his policies.

Now we just need to figure out how this quest would work in detail.

Thx for the support btw! :D

Edited by Mopel

Yes. Sounds better :) If you decide to use that as the mod's description, make sure to change flown to flowed. Anyway, I don't know enough about how the civil war quest plays out to advise on anything. I've never completed the Imperial side at all, and I've only completed the Stormcloak line once. And that one time, I wasn't paying much attention to it (which is a shame, because I usually do pay a lot of attention to what I'm doing).

sorry to go off on a tangent but as another option i think it would be nice to have skyrim plunge into an endless mire of war and civil strife if your attempted coup goes wrong. with the consecutive assassinations of two kings all the holds would secede, the army would split into feuding militias and you'd be forced to reconquer each one

Edited by axfvh

sorry to go off on a tangent but as another option i think it would be nice to have skyrim plunge into an endless mire of war and civil strife if your attempted coup goes wrong. with the consecutive assassinations of two kings all the holds would secede, the army would split into feuding militias and you'd be forced to reconquer each one

That's a fantastic idea :)

That's a fantastic idea :smile:

I agree.

Essentially, any of the Stromcloak Jarls that are still loyal to Ulfric and did not join the coup may need to be ousted from their positions by sieging and capturing their holds. In that event, you can then make one of your followers a Jarl, or reinstate an old one which you convinced to like you again, like Balgruuf, which I would rather want to be Jarl of Whiterun.

So far:

1. You select what Jarls you want to join the coup at the blue palace by means of persuasion, they help plan said coup, and will support you in a moot.

2.You will gather Ralof and a group of Stormcloak soldiers to storm the palace and challenge Ulfric to a fair dual. (Both using the Th'um)

3. Ralof will act like Galmar and start the siege quests.

4. These will be aimed at Jarls that are still loyal to Ulfric. (Some stormcloak Jarls should also be persuadable)

5. Once they are defeated, you can assign a follower or a loyal former Jarl as the new/reinstated ruler of said hold.

6. Once this has been done, the moot will elect you/or you can crown yourself outright and conquer Jarls that are not pleased with that act, which means more sieges, yippy!

Edited by Mopel