Looking for companion management mods

blackrave404

I'm not familiar with your New Vegas references (correlation discovered by a widenet search on the named utilities), but afaik there are two options for companion management mods in Skyrim SE (outside a few unique, dedicated follower management "engines" in follower mods like Sofia - The Funny Fully Voiced Follower.)

Amazing Follower Tweaks (AFT), and Nether's Follower Framework (NFF).

NFF is often cited as a better option than AFT, due to its expanded feature set over AFT, and either *may (or not) offer such features, idk. I used to use AFT, but for the past year or so I've been playing solo.

I use Amazing Follower Tweaks. It is an updated (2021) version of the older AFT. More manage slots, extensive MCM, etc.

Alternatives I know of:

Nether's Follower Framework - not a fan of its outfit management system. Also too complex for my tastes.

Extensible Follower Framework - kinda hate the UI. Personal preference though.

In addition, VERY useful:

My Home is Your Home - to set your followers to 'live' in player-owned homes. Some follower frameworks (i.e. NFF) include some version of this, but I prefer the way this mod does this.

Nether's Follower Framework (NFF)

NFF looks somewhat similar, but as far as I can tell functionality isn't exactly the same as in JIP-CCC.

Will have to give it a try.

As for Convenient Companion Inventory analogue would be highly welcomed.

Long story short- CCI adds free companion inventory space to player, removing need to juggle loot between pack mules.

One of those "how could I ever play the game without it?" mods.

Can't believe in 12y since release of Skyrim, nobody made such mod.

Can't believe in 12y since release of Skyrim, nobody made such mod.

Nothing's stopping you from creating one. The rest of us seem to be satisfied with the mods we've been gifted.

So, if I understand it correctly, in that game when you have follower(s), your inventory is just increased. In Skyrim, things are a bit more complicated in that followers can use the stuff you give them. They will equip best armor/weapons, they will use up arrows, they will drink potions and (potentially, in Survival mode) eat food. You NEED to give them stuff for them to be more effective, but you probably don't want to make your entire inventory shared. So you would still need to indicate what is available to who.

Also, in Skyrim, item sizes generally don't matter, only weights. So what you can carry is limited by your weight limit. As such, there are mods that extend player carry weight, i.e.: Carry My Burdens - transfers follower unused weight capacity to player.

So, if I understand it correctly, in that game when you have follower(s), your inventory is just increased.

only by free inventory space.

If you give them more gear to use, extra inventory space you receive will decrease.

That way you only need to give them gear and consumables, but loot can reside in your inventory.

Because juggling loot between multiple followers is annoying.

P.S. Just looked into Carry My Burdens. it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Time to add one more mod to the pile...

Edited by blackrave404

• 5 weeks later...

is there a way (mod or not) to change the level of my followers setting it on a arbitrary number? (ex: it is 50 and I want it to 100, or it is 200 and I want it to 50 etc)
note: I am using NFF but it only allows to edit the HP/MP/SP value, or bring the follower to your same level and this is not helpful to me