A Community Project

bobers

Well its not a bad idea but the scenari is comon, if a bunch of modder want to make something like a new dlc i think they would create something really different in fallout 3 world.

The cube experimental is one of the idea who really increase the potential of fallout 3, the place, the quest, the ambient, all is new and bring another part of discovery for our gameplay.

Even Bethseda have understood players need diversity.

Look at The Pitt, Anchorage and soon point lookout, all those dlc bring us something different from the "ordinary" wasteland even if ppl who have done that could have bring more work to make it more immersive.

No need to search too far to find a good idea, you can just look in real life to find good inspiration.

I say that but i m not a modder,i have only ideas so i m a bit useless.

No offence twilightblade, your mod idea is good but its more something to do alone or with a friend than using a lot of ppl to do it.

have you seen a place in the wasteland where there are yellow sand beaches and ruined villas, and what about underwater? theres no DLC which is underwater. and the city could be like those urban jungles, where plants grow along the walls. that would be bada$$.

c'mon! dont say ' aww this sukz, better tell him to make it UNEXPECTED' give us all your IDEAS!!! srsly whats wrong with you people? stop sulking and start dreaming! MODDERS UNITE! ^^

the thing about ideas and modding is that a modder has to know how to implement ideas. If ideas are hard to implement, it depends on the modder's interest in implementing that idea.

Since most modders have their own idea which they are working on, rough ideas offered by other people are most likely to be ignored.

So the best way to make things happen is to do things yourself.

Since most modders are fine with sharing a few scripts or meshes and textures, you can create a barebones quest mod, then incorporate some of the 3d models made by other modders by permission. Simply put, you create the quests/NPCs, and you use other people's models with permission.

I think a considerable ammount of weapon or item modellers have not much interest in creating intricate quests and interiors/exteriors. And they'd be more than happy to lend their 3d models to be used in your mod. So if you have made something quite exciting, some modders should be more inclined to help and get things going.

Otherwise, ideas will just be ideas.

Twilightblade this concept is just awesome.You didnt speak about that in your previous post so i was thinking about something kinda like broken steel ambient

Now i can just shut my mouth :biggrin:

@twilightblade

Ask for a multi-year grand project, and you are going to get mocked in varying degrees of flameyness depending on how unrealistic and/or demanding (and therefore, insulting) is the post. Extra flamey points for posting badly written, badly punctuated, woefully redacted walls of text, which sadly seem to be the norm.

If instead, the interested person moves his or her whiny ass and starts reading tutorials and experimenting and modding, asking on the forums how to do things, and perhaps requesting small reusable parts for his mod idea, one at a time, instead of the whole thing altogether, then he or she will get a much friendlier and helpful response.

okay, i am sorry for flaming out, and i hope other people will help this guy who posted get some ideas like i just did. then we all could just leave the rest up to him for making the mod and recruiting people. it would be helpfull if you would edit the mod i just told out. if not i suggest giving him ideas for another mod.

hey i got one more:

an armor item that has the model of a human like a hologram, and it follows you by your side/back/front. it can talk to you too. and give you drugs (stimpaks, morphine, psycho, etc) thats a good mod that'll blow people's minds off!

who likes this idea?

Well generally, the lesson is that when a person has an idea, the general comment made by modders who has experience would be "around how to do it" or whether its feasible or otherwise.

This is also a cue for the idea guy to start working on his idea. And if he indeed starts working on his idea, he'll gain both kudos and assistance from sympathizing modders.

Simply put, if you have an idea, try to make it happen and you'll get some assistance.