Is your personality in Oblivion different from the "you" in

Netwit2008

Not so much diffrence because im the one playing the game.

So i am always good-natured and if you want to be good you gotta have Enhanced grabbing installed. Now the Inhabitants of Tamriel

thank you when picking up stuff instead of screwing you over. ^^

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually use to pass time in classes fantasizing (only because I was doing well and could afford to drift off during particularly dull lectures) that I was somehow whisked away to Tamriel, only to find myself imprisoned and witness to the assassination.....which is to say that my character who goes through the MQ is supposed to be me and I only do things I would actually (okay, also ideally) do if I was in such a predicament. I have about 15 other characters to accomplish the quests I would not do, such as the guilds, Dark Brotherhood, arena, and daedra. Heck, I even have multiple characters to do all of the daedra quests because it just doesn't make sense to me to have a character work with Daedra A who abhors the ways of Daedra B, and have that same character serve Daedra B only two days later.

This does create the problem of

*****SPOILER (MINOR)***** not being able to do one particular Daedra quest which holds as a prerequisite all of the other ones ******END SPOILER******

but that's a "sacrifice" worth making so that I don't have serious contradictions within my characters. For the most part, all of my characters are good natured, or at leas neutral with a lean toward good (such as my TG guy), but I have a villainous vampire, the deadly assassin, a heartless necromancer, a hunter cursed to spend her nights as a beast, and an orc who is a thuggish/drunken brute/bandit and is given to the House of Troubles (as the Dunmer call it) quite often.

Me, I'm pretty much myself in Tamriel. I collect useless stuff, memories of my travels (body parts included). Pelvis of Pelagius ? Heck yes! Mother's Head? Tastee!

Whatever it is, if it's unique and cool, I want it, I'll steal for it! I also can't keep myself from stealing peoples hard earned cash, kind of a bad habit, but it's fun and gets you your bread (and castles). I've also been testing a mod of my own, a collection of a kind, a collection of corpses! A hall underground (inspired by Lovecrafts stories). There'll be some lorewise known corpses, for an example, Pelagius the Mad. Oh, but now I started about the mod, oh well..

Yes, I'm a collector, a thief, a graverobber, a murderer (in some way), but I have a strong sense of being fair, kinda' funny, isn't it? I feel bad for murdering someone or something innocent, I could never even kill a fly if it didn't bite me! And I'd never steal from the poor, never! But I see the society as rotten, many people are selfish idiots, and for them, I feel no regret of stealing from them. And in the end, that's the way the world goes, the strong beat the weak, in this case, with stealing.

So this is.. 99% of me, just that I do not murder and never kill animals, I do things for my own good mostly, but still help the weak and poor and change my mind in a split second. So, borrowing D&D, Chaotic Neutral, am I correct?

In Oblivion, I love the bad way, cause killing is really cool with Deadly Reflex :-). But then I ALWAYS make a new game as paladin cause I love these Armors and Midas Holy Magics! Well, the good and evil side choices arent so good in Oblivion. But in Fallout its completly different. Ok, this is not the theme, but in Fallout3, i can match myself with the char, everytime when I have the choice between good and evil. I mean, first i always played as good person. They I wanted something new, so i wanted to play as a badass, but everytime I wanted to do something bad i asked myself: why? why have I done this? For example when i bombed Megaton away (I think this was evil :-)) : Why did I killed all these people? Thats totally uncool and unnescessary! So I was never able to play as a bad char. Except with the Enclave Commander Mod! Then I take a Army of 40 Soldiers and kill everyone in Megaton, Tenpenny Tower usw.! Its cool,like: The Enclave is invading the world! Prepare to die! And then fighting against the Brotherhood in the Citadell....just cool!Okay thats crazy but its like : Invasion of the Mudcrabs! Only that the Mudcrabs are super nano suited elite soldiers....hm.....and after that I take my Halo Nanosuit and the CRI Squad mod and then I kill the hole Enclave MUHAHAHA. This is like: Die Mudcrabs! Feel the Power of my Rocket Launcher!

Not so much diffrence because im the one playing the game.

So i am always good-natured and if you want to be good you gotta have Enhanced grabbing installed. Now the Inhabitants of Tamriel

thank you when picking up stuff instead of screwing you over. ^^

I really need that mod! It drives me nuts to knock something over, then when I try to help and pick it up there's a rude guard in my face. That always leads to a bloodbath for fun, then trashing that save and going back to a previous one, lol So good suggestion Marie, I'm going to check out that mod!

Me, I'm pretty much myself in Tamriel. I collect useless stuff, memories of my travels (body parts included). Pelvis of Pelagius ? Heck yes! Mother's Head?

Yes, I'm a collector, a thief, a graverobber, a murderer (in some way), but I have a strong sense of being fair, kinda' funny, isn't it? I feel bad for murdering someone or something innocent, I could never even kill a fly if it didn't bite me! And I'd never steal from the poor, never! But I see the society as rotten, many people are selfish idiots, and for them, I feel no regret of stealing from them. And in the end, that's the way the world goes, the strong beat the weak, in this case, with stealing.

So this is.. 99% of me, just that I do not murder and never kill animals, I do things for my own good mostly, but still help the weak and poor and change my mind in a split second. So, borrowing D&D, Chaotic Neutral, am I correct?

I don't know if that's D&D correct, but that's a lot how my character operates too. If the person being victimized by me is a jerk, or bad person, I feel no remorse. But I'd have a hard time treating someone good in a bad way. I hate killing the bandit camp dogs, even when they are attacking! :sad:

But in Fallout its completly different. Ok, this is not the theme, but in Fallout3, i can match myself with the char, everytime when I have the choice between good and evil. I mean, first i always played as good person. They I wanted something new, so i wanted to play as a badass, but everytime I wanted to do something bad i asked myself: why? why have I done this? For example when i bombed Megaton away (I think this was evil :-)) : Why did I killed all these people? Thats totally uncool and unnescessary! So I was never able to play as a bad char. Except with the Enclave Commander Mod! Then I take a Army of 40 Soldiers and kill everyone in Megaton, Tenpenny Tower usw.! Its cool,like: The Enclave is invading the world! Prepare to die! And then fighting against the Brotherhood in the Citadell....just cool!Okay thats crazy but its like : Invasion of the Mudcrabs! Only that the Mudcrabs are super nano suited elite soldiers....hm.....and after that I take my Halo Nanosuit and the CRI Squad mod and then I kill the hole Enclave MUHAHAHA. This is like: Die Mudcrabs! Feel the Power of my Rocket Launcher!

When I played Fallout, I was always warring with my Karma. I love to steal, but didn't want bad Karma. Then again I was pissed cause money is so hard to come by. I did get good Karma, by talking to the one guy in the bar. But mostly I was about to go on the Bad Karma track, but I stopped playing due to mesmerization with Oblivion, lol I wonder what happens to you if your Karma is mostly bad all the time? Back then, I just didn't want to find out :unsure:

When I played Fallout, I was always warring with my Karma. I love to steal, but didn't want bad Karma. Then again I was pissed cause money is so hard to come by. I did get good Karma, by talking to the one guy in the bar. But mostly I was about to go on the Bad Karma track, but I stopped playing due to mesmerization with Oblivion, lol I wonder what happens to you if your Karma is mostly bad all the time? Back then, I just didn't want to find out :unsure:

Well, I always save before I do this. End after that I load back to my good char :)