Problems with quest "Lucky Old Sun"

psycros

No matter what I do the mainframe won't let me choose "full region" or "full region - emergency" as options for the power output. With the first it says brownouts are likely and the configuration isn't set. If I pick "full region emergency" it says an overload is imminent and doesn't use the configuration. Trying to activate the reflector array just gives the usual "not ready" message in either case. Picking McCarran and the Strip, Fremont and Westside or Archimedes II saves the configuration. I successfully activated the array after picking McCarran so I assume it works for the other functioning options too. I did spot a nearby substation from atop the tower and got suspicious, so went to check that out. Inside (while being shot at) I found the terminal that activates the substation but it seems you need the power plant at full capacity to bring it online. This quest is rather vague, TBH..the array activation step isn't even a listed goal so I'm wondering if there's another one I'm not being told about. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by psycros