Why thethere is no seamless Body and Face textures that suits each oth

v00d00man

I dont know how do u guys like it, but i really hate it :wallbash:

Vanila\Default textures do not suits each other, skin tone of face do not exactly match body skin tone and there is clearly visible ugly edge line (border) between face and body - THIS IS UGLY and looks like lazy piece of job.

But we have so many modmakers around who did thousthands of face and body textures... but why no one cares to FIX that ugly issue?

i tried almost every body and face textures (for female) from Falloutnexus... AND NO ONE TEXTURE HAVE THIS ISSUE FIXED!

Im wondering, are peoples who using these mods just blind? Also im wondering how lazy modmakers who dont care to fix this issue?

Im sure there is NO tech. issue that dont allow to do perfect seamless mapping of 2 textures. Just look for example at Alyx Vance model (half life 2) - it have similar mapping, 2 separate textures - 1 for body and neck and another one for body (im not counting dress textures) - and its Seamless, and its not because of some "magic" mesh, its because textures done almost perfect!

Here some example of that issue, that wasnt fixed yet by anyone:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/749-1-1227658119.jpg

Edge is clearly visible.

another example

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5462

Here is clearly visible that skin colour tone do not match, neck im somewhat closer to red, but body closer to yellow (((

Even the latest version of famous babe (mk3) still suffering from this problem:

<Snip> Removed NSFW pic - the forums are supposed to be for all ages.

Bben46, Moderator

Guys (mostly those of you who already did face and body textures) - please recreate your face textures and body textures so they could match each other absolutely SEAMLESS!! (or at least share few links to seamles "vanilla_mesh" based textures of body and face)

:thanks:

...THIS IS UGLY and looks like lazy piece of job... but why no one cares to FIX that ugly issue?....Im wondering, are peoples who using these mods just blind? Also im wondering how lazy modmakers who dont care to fix this issue? ...Im sure there is NO tech. issue that dont allow to do perfect seamless mapping of 2 textures.

As long as you are insulting everyone, aren't you annoyed by the seam at the wrists? How do you know that there is "NO tech issue"? Have you tried fixing this yourself?

I've been working on a retexture just lately, and it is my opinion that there IS a tech issue with the neckline because of the lack of smooth blending of the head mesh with the body mesh. How meshes work in a different game is irrelevent. I would hardly characterize the modders who have created and uploaded their work for our free enjoyment as "lazy".

I encourage you to tackle this problem head on, and upload your results when you have perfected them.

Keep Fallout Beautiful.

I shouldn't waste my time in idiots who'd rather insult others than investigate. But oh, well.

Fallout engine is stupid and renders the head and the body and the hands and the feet as different objects, that is, lights are applied independently and thus you get crappy seamlines.

Fallout engine does not apply the changes made to the skin tint in the character creation to the body or hands well.

Fallout engine stretches the texture around the neck horribly, making things even harder.

The issue can be softened, yes, softened, not fixed, by two things:

1) very very careful and thoughtful texturing. Something which has been made in the two models you screenshooted.

2) Egt files, AFAIK, we do not have the tools yet to make those for fallout..

Nifskope and the exporting importing tools for nif files, while great, are yet not complete. Many things that could be possible with full export capabilities are not possible to do yet.

Download a friggin necklace and forget the issue.

To OP: Dude? Are you like brand new to any gam modding at all? Check out screen shots at www.tesnexus.com Oblivion and Morrowind are the two biggest modded games ever made. After about 4 years they have yet to eliminate seam lines for the necks, wrists, and ancles. While it only took them 4 years to do with all the tools available for oblivion, people find themselves having to click reset face after changing to the race they want, then having to only ajust the shape. If you tweak the shading, color, age, or complexion at all on oblivion you end up with a seam line. So if they haven't been able to do it after 4 years what makes you think anyone has it down pat yet with a game whos CS or GECK in this place, has only been out since December, 6 months?

I shouldn't waste my time in idiots who'd rather insult others than investigate. But oh, well.

Fallout engine is stupid and renders the head and the body and the hands and the feet as different objects, that is, lights are applied independently and thus you get crappy seamlines.

Fallout engine does not apply the changes made to the skin tint in the character creation to the body or hands well.

Fallout engine stretches the texture around the neck horribly, making things even harder.

1) very very careful and thoughtful texturing. Something which has been made in the two models you screenshooted.

Nifskope and the exporting importing tools for nif files, while great, are yet not complete. Many things that could be possible with full export capabilities are not possible to do yet.

Sorry TG, but I really gotta call you on the investigation part since your words ironically harsh. (oh, the misinformation too) :D

I've been mulling over how to best handle fixing the neck seam issues. With the stock head and body, the models themselves don't totally match up, and a couple of the body mods have similar issues. The wrists should be relatively easy.

The biggest problem on the texturing side, is that there's 53 textures that make up what you see. (color, normal, specular, and the 50 facegen textures inside the .egt files). technically the .egt files for the vanilla body and head models *should* already be matching, but I've a feeling that the aforementioned problems with the models may have skewed that result. (especially since very few female chars in the game have matching pieces...)

That said, it's a fairly labor intensive process, and custom bodies just complicates things. :) I've a thread on another forum exploring some of the possibilities on this topic, I hope something good comes from it.

coronerra: Luchaire made an awesome set of .egts that come very close to eliminating the seam in Oblivion.

Yes he did but the problem with those comes in about how long it took before they were out. Not to mention very few people ever use them. Due to this most oblivion textures are made based off not having them if you use them it jacks stuff up and actually creates seamlines, so they are needed ASAP. I have practicly no seamlines in oblivion on my charecter, but NPCs are atrotious.

Look this may or may not help you but I was utterly amazed how little of a seam line I got from a combination of three simple mods.

Type V Body replacer and all armor

Photorealistic Type V Skin version 2

and PROJECT BEAUTY

Installed in that order. I was shocked off my but because I remember the days before Ozmos high rez 1.0 and seeing this already is simply amazing.

TK, you said it yourself. The problem cannot be fixed, only softened, and only If the desired skin color is within a very small range

Which as i said is a two step process: matching base textures and egt files. The former we have already, the later, we do not.

The harshness was 100% intentional btw, the OP deserves the flames for groundlessly insulting the community.

...THIS IS UGLY and looks like lazy piece of job... but why no one cares to FIX that ugly issue?....Im wondering, are peoples who using these mods just blind? Also im wondering how lazy modmakers who dont care to fix this issue? ...Im sure there is NO tech. issue that dont allow to do perfect seamless mapping of 2 textures.

As long as you are insulting everyone, aren't you annoyed by the seam at the wrists? How do you know that there is "NO tech issue"? Have you tried fixing this yourself?

I've been working on a retexture just lately, and it is my opinion that there IS a tech issue with the neckline because of the lack of smooth blending of the head mesh with the body mesh. How meshes work in a different game is irrelevent. I would hardly characterize the modders who have created and uploaded their work for our free enjoyment as "lazy".

I encourage you to tackle this problem head on, and upload your results when you have perfected them.

Keep Fallout Beautiful.

1) i Would hardly characterize my post and several words like "Lazy piece of job" and question "are peoples who use these mods just blind?" as INSULT.

It wasnt insult at all, and it wasnt harsh and wasnt personal.

2) ... but at least thx for not insulting me like that idiot TGblank did.

Download a friggin necklace and forget the issue.

3) As for u mr. "idiot, who like to give others his own name", i suggest u STFU or GTFO (u have some freedom of choice LOL) :thumbsup: Because i really dont like when some zero-IQ bot talks harsh with me and insult me without my permission wnen i didnt yet insulted anyone, including that idiot personally (read #2 if u didnt get that there was no insult in words LAZY and BLIND).

4) Well, now u can consider this as permission, but srike back in Private message, and keep this topic free from insult flame, otherwise i will burn u to the death ) Just next time DONT INSULT SOMEONE PERSONALLY IF THAT SOMEONE DIDNT INSULTED U!

5) one of your words conflict with another - u says that "its tech issue and not someone`s laziness, and cannot be fixed" and than u says "it could be done better with very very careful and thoughtful texturing" which mean that all the other textures not careful and thoughtful and simply done with laziness.

that exactly what i want to see (didnt u get this idea from 1st post, "smart"ass?) - VERY CAREFUL TEXTURING.

Because, if u so blind so u cant see that, i can point u that this EDGE isnt just appears because of light or tint.

1st and main Reason - TEXTURES NOT DONE SO GOOD, if at least someone will spend more time on neck, will mark points on body texture where the edge appear on mesh, mark same Edge points on head textures, then will combine that nearly edge zone of both textures and blend them (on temporal file) together so they can SEAMLESSLY match, then will split this temporal blended texture into 2 parts at same line and transform the shape of split textures so they could be blended back to original textures of body and head - and they will match perfect than!

2nd - i havent yet tried myself to mess with Fallout 3 itself (but ive been modemaker since the era of quake 1 when you probably was suckin mom`s tits, and atm im working at major gamedev league for a big publisher, so i have no time and for moding anymore, i have enought of game development on my job), but my experience says me that that even Tint issue not issue at all!

Ok u says that 2 textures match the tint but game engine apply different tint to both parts of body so they look different?

Its could be fixed simply !

Ok to say simply - colour of body looks darker and have more red tint in game, and head looks lighter and have a bit of yellow tint? Than modemaker should create any of this textures with corrected tint - if he will choose the body than texure should be lighted up a bit, so it will look brighter in editor but will match brightness of head texture in game, as fo colour than body colour in current example should be also corrected a bit - color should be balanced from Red to Cyan.

if modemaker will fix face texture than everything should be in revers - face should be darkened and color balance should be moved from Cyan to Red.

But nobody yet did such "Jewellery" job with body and face in Fallout 3, that why its still dont match!

So i suggest anyone to try hard to do these steps, than, even if shadowing will not match due of lighting than vill be visible just GEOMETRY of this Edge only on several angles of view, but colors and textures will match !

-----

In then end thx Coronerra, ill try this combination of mods and will post results later)