Female body texture/model mod help

KerberosGX

Greeting all.

I've been downloading dozens of mods lately, as vanilla Fallout 3 on very hard was much too easy for me.

I've gotten them all to work, except anything that re textures the female body (Dimonized type 3, Type V Female Body and Armor Replacer, etc.)

Note that these don't have a .esp file, they are only texture and model replaces.

When ever I try to use any mod like this, the texture is pretty screwed up looking in that there are weird spots everywhere, the textures doesn't match up with the neck/head, and there's a permanent blackness covering anything below the waist and upper legs.

I've gotten this working on a different fallout install, so I figured this was due to the 1.5 patch (Not sure what patch I had on my previous install). Reinstalled without 1.5, still doesn't work.

Pictures of the problem (NSFW):

http://img146.imageshack.us/i/89734919.png/

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/25671520.png/

What it should look like:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5326

As you can see, something is pretty screwed up here, though I have no idea of what it could be. Extracted the meshes and textures folders for the mod into /data and everything, I'm pretty used to modding and installing mods for games.

I'm really confused here. Any help appreciated.

Okay, I just did a little experimenting. Seems that the textures I add aren't being used for some reason, but the meshes are. Hence why the body shape updates, but the textures are all screwy.

Screw it, I'll just extract the .BSA and overwrite it from there. If it won't work this way, I'll force it to work.

Anyone figure this out? I've got the same problem as above.

I'm using Archive Invalidation Invalidated, tried using the automatic way, then dl/ed the manual version and checked through to make sure everything matched- it does.

I'm not really experienced in applying mods to computer games, so I don't know what the OP meant at the end of his post. I am familiar enough to follow instructions accurately.

(something that may effect this: I've got Fallout 3 installed twice on my machine in separate locations, something the OP kinda implied he is doing as well. Could that be contributing to this somehow?)

Are you using Archive Invalidation Invalidated?

I'm using the built in one in the fallout 3 mod launcher.

I extracted the .bsa and overwrote the files from there, and even now it still appears to be a little glitchy (Colors and shades, though that could be due to a bad skin). Going to try a few more things now...

Hokay....

I mentioned earlier that I have two installs of fallout 3.

In one of them, I'm still getting this error.

I copied and pasted the meshes and textures folders from that one into the more recent install, and the mod works perfectly there.

However, it still doesn't work in the older install.

I was hoping to keep my new copy of the game plain vanilla and apply no mods to it while modding the hell out of the old one, but I suppose I can work with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I know what your problem is! I spent a long time dealing with this issue. I noticed that only my raiderfemale textures were the ones that didn't work with the dimonized body replacer. If you have MMM installed what happens is that there are additional textures for raiderfemale. Go to Fallout3/data/mmmf3/characters/textures and see if you have these textures. I had to copy the dimonized textures to overwrite the raider dds files that came with MMMF3. They should be something like humanheadTAT1-3 and upperbodyfemaleTAT1-3.

I had the same problem you did and now it works fine.