Updating resource files while staying in game?

anjenthedog

Probably a stretch on my part even thinking it, but is there any way I can update resources (textures, ini settings, bodyslide generated mesh files, etc) while remaining in-game?

If you rebuild a mesh in Bodyslide or otherwise edit it while game is running, you just need to unequip/reequip the item. Same goes for HDT-SMP xml files. Textures - if you edit the mesh file to use a different texture, same thing.

But if you edit a texture, it will not get updated unless this texture is unloaded from the cache. And it will not get unloaded unless it starts running out of memory space. Case in point:

0mV9rpe.jpg

Here, Ivy is initially sporting a top using yellow-striped texture and built to TNB preset.
With game running, I edit the top in outfit studio to use a different (purple striped) texture and rebuild both top and pants to CT77 preset. In game, I have Ivy re-equip her stuff, and it all applies.
Then I edit the top texture itself to add a bit extra decoration. Unequip/reequip does not work. I even had her unequip the top, went to a different cell, then reequipped - still showing old texture.
I got an RTX3080Ti 12GB, so plenty of texture cache space. I had to quit and restart the game for it to show the changed texture.

Ok, so it's already allowed with some things but not others. Still, glad it's allowed for some things (that I didn't know auto-updated). It gets tedious closing the game just for a minor tweak like fine tuning a Bodyslide preset.