Requesting a modification of an existing .nif file

PuceMooose

Hello,

I'm working on some miniaturized turrets (50% of the size of the original turrets.) I was able to use nifskope to modify the scaling on the turret without any problem.

However, when trying to edit the associated skeleton.nif file (for the associated collision & projectile information), it crashes Fallout. Even if I save the file without making any changes it crashes. Nikskope may be adding or deleting some file information that Fallout is trying to find.

Can someone with 3dsmax/blender edit the skeleton file for me, scaling collision data by 50%? Obviously I'd like the projectilenode to match up with the smaller model, so having it at half the original height is desirable.

Here's the original, unedited, working file:

skeleton.nif

(The location of the file is meshes/creatures/sentryturret/skeleton.nif)

Thanks in advance for any help.

The problem I'm having is that the turret doesn't seem to function properly if it's scaled. if I change the base scale on the creature (or try using setscale), the model starts going crazy as if the turret is stuck in the model's body. It just vibrates wildly and won't 'unstick' itself.

*EDIT* It seems to work as long as it's set to at least 0.75. Any lower than that and it does the crazy 'stuck' thing. I may just stick with using the 75%; I think it will be close enough for my purposes.

Why not just adjust the scale of the turret in geck? or through a script?.

Archived