[LE] Relationships between NPCs - does the "Secret" checkbox do anything?

I checked the Creation Kit wiki, and though it says that the "Secret" checkbox that's available in each individual Relationship entry is not used, I have found instances where it is utilized. Does it actually do anything? Perhaps prevent (secretly) related or friendly NPCs from showing up at weddings if it's checked?

I originally hail from the Sims series, so family trees and relationship settings tend to hold a key significance in my eyes, but I realize that in the mechanics of Skyrim they might operate on another level. Is it essential to create a relationship entry between every related NPC, or is that going to cause problems if a later quest-line pits them against each other?

Edited by Lollia

Not in Skyrim. Quite a few CK elements are dormant for this game

Relationships between non-player entities, as far as I am aware offhand, only really benefit for dialogue conditions, and maybe AI package usage. Really tbh I have found the relationships are built for RP reasons more than anything. From observation

Not in Skyrim. Quite a few CK elements are dormant for this game

Relationships between non-player entities, as far as I am aware offhand, only really benefit for dialogue conditions, and maybe AI package usage. Really tbh I have found the relationships are built for RP reasons more than anything. From observation

In that case, I'm going to guess that it's safe to mark down their exact family relationship (brother, sister, father, mother, etc...), but keep the other part set as "acquaintances" until certain events transpire. Then I'll change it via script to either enemies or allies. Should do the trick. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Sphered.

Edited by Lollia