Open door in workshop mode with hotkey

wysiwyg

It's annoying to have to stop and take a door off its hinges to go in a building while you are in workshop mode isn't it? I guess TCL is an alternative.

It'd be really great if someone could make a F4SE plugin to open a targeted door for x seconds when the assigned hotkey is pressed. That's it!

Maybe options for the number of seconds to leave it open and another for whether to include locked doors and which defaults to false.

I know Workshop Plus has an door management option but it never worked reliably. I've seen another which finds the closest door within range from a formlist which must contain every possible door and runs every second, so that doesn't seem like a good solution.

It's annoying to have to stop and take a door off its hinges to go in a building while you are in workshop mode isn't it? I guess TCL is an alternative.

It'd be really great if someone could make a F4SE plugin to open a targeted door for x seconds when the assigned hotkey is pressed. That's it!

Maybe options for the number of seconds to leave it open and another for whether to include locked doors and which defaults to false.

I know Workshop Plus has an door management option but it never worked reliably. I've seen another which finds the closest door within range from a formlist which must contain every possible door and runs every second, so that doesn't seem like a good solution.

I would love to see something like this..... NOT being able to open doors while in workshop mode is a major pain.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664

I can't say for sure as I haven't tried it myself, but would the above mod help?

I don't think so, not unless you have a way to trigger a door under your crosshairs to open via a script and then something like MCM would be more convenient for a hotkey. I mean, you can select the door, walk through it, and then cancel in build mode but that's a pain especially if you want to assign a settler and they get released. It's just a minor annoyance but it's still annoying :)

I guess if opening all doors when building was simple then the workshop plus mod's door manager would have been fixed a long time ago.

I've seen another which finds the closest door within range from a formlist which must contain every possible door and runs every second, so that doesn't seem like a good solution.

It seems like a perfectly fine solution? 1 second is actually a really long time in papyrus, so this isn't very intensive.

I've done the TCL bit and that works ok but you can't select the same item twice without enabling collision again for some odd reason. I also considered creating a patcher to find all the doors with the autodoor keyword and add them to the form list in the "Auto Doors open in workshop mode" mod. That's alot of doors though! I might do it eventually just to see how it goes but I'd still rather not have that run every second.