Ground textures not loaded?

wfandrews

I really did not know where to post this as it happens in every version of Skyrim I have played, from Legendary on up. It is more a nuisance than anything game breaking. I am just curious as to whether anyone has an explanation for the phenomenon?

On my way to Ivarstead from Whiterun I take the trail going up the mountain that goes by Darkwater Overhang. Every time, no matter what version of Skyrim I am playing just a little ways after Darkwater Overhang the ground loses its texture, at least that is the only way I can describe it; it just goes a flat grey. This continues for about five or six hundred yards maybe and then everything returns to normal before I get to Ivarstead. As far as I know it has no other effect on the game.

Anyone else have any effect that crosses different versions of Skyrim and do they have any idea what causes it? By all versions I mean 1.9.32, 1.6.353, 1.6.640 and 1.6.659.

That has happened to me in a variety of locations. It typically takes place after playing for an hour or so. I usually chalk it up to the game deciding that something has to give so it doesn't swap from LOD terrain to normal terrain. If I notice it, I will save and reload. If there are other oddities at the same time or recently, I will exit and restart or stop for the day.

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know it wasn't just me.

In this case I continue up the path and the terrain returns to normal before I get to Ivarstead. When I look back the terrain is normal, also if later I fast travel to Darkwater Overhang the terrain is normal.