Skse64 Wont Start thru Mo2

jaderiver

, I'm having an issue with mo2 not starting with the skse64 , 4 days ago mo2 was spitting the dummy about some file / mods I was trying to clean before starting a new play thru, kept saying , any mod file I was trying to get rid, was already open in another program, >< what other program =/ , Im not an mo2 geek, and don't know enough about it, so got fed up, and downloaded vortex just for sse, and re installed all my mods on that, that just made things worse and made the situation worse, so did a bit googling, and was said you need to clean your data folder and leave only vanilla files in it , did that removed all mods from vortex, cleaned the data, thus cleaning mo2 of all " un-managed mods" re install all mods back onto mo2 , did a fresh install of skse64 ver being 2.2 currently using sseedit to clean dlc and main , no idea what I'm going to do after that ?
[09:00]
I can start skse64 from steam., can start special edition from steam, watched the silly cart ride , can start special edition from on desktop ,
[09:02]
Tried thru mo2 with all mods and without mods, nothing ...
[09:12]
Mo2 does the lock message box thing, then after a few minutes, just opens back up

I have cleaned all dlc's with sseedit auto clean, still wont start

Jut out of curiosity, I manually installed realm of lorkhan to sse data folder , that being the only mod there, and then started from skse64 and it started just fine =/

game ver is 1.6.640 with matching skse64

Yes I know I shouldn't have used vortex, only made things worse....

Data folder is cleaned and only vanilla files there since re downloading and installed thru mo2

Yes , its up to date, the globe is greyed out, and when I hover over it , it says up to date....
I don't know , if re installing the special edition again and then skse64 , might mess up my mods and thus having to re install those again will change any thing ?

Check the SKSE settings in MO2, make sure it is pointing to the correct file in the correct location. Click the gear icon to bring up the "Modify Executables" window. Select SKSE and ensure that it is pointing to the correct file under "Binary" and that it is pointing the game folder under "Start in".

Make sure that Steam is already running before starting SKSE.

Outside of those things, I do not know.

Thanks for your replies, you've been more helpful than anyone on mo2 discord as of late, ...

I don't quite full understand file paths for mo2, but when I did check the binary is - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe

And the start in is -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\src\skse64\skse64_steam_loader

Im at the point just uninstall sse , get a copy of mods installed, uninstall all the mods, uninstall sse remove sse skse64 , just start again, once I've cleaned what I can out ...

I don't use MO2, but it looks to me like the Start In entry is messed up. My skse64 loader shortcut has a similar target as yours, but the start in is simply one level up - everything past Skyrim Special Edition is not present. (...Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition) I think you have told MO2 to go looking inside the SKSE scripts folder?

I think that you need to truncate the "start in" file path, so it is looking in the right place, the Skyrim Special Edition folder.

Ok went back in, re did the path manually clicking left side till it looked this -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition in the start in path 0_o

Still cant get it to start >_> ..

Update Ok I uninstalled all my mods , grabbed a list prior tho, now sske will start thru mo2 ,but a new minor issue the screen is half size left sided, my prefs ini still has

bBorderless=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize W=1080
iSize W=1920

if I start thru steam its full screen border-less , ...

If I start from desktop its the same full border-less o_O

! mod installed realm of lorkhan , but a half screen , currently googling ..

Edited by jaderiver

Update to update --

It starts full screen again, took a little bit of dicking around with profile, removing default profile, and setting it to use the named profile ...

So thanks again for all helpful posts, .... :happy: :smile: :teehee: :thumbsup: :dance:

Edited by jaderiver

• 3 weeks later...