Mod Request: people wear different clothes everyday

smevel

I discussed methodologies for doing this on the BSG forums a couple of months ago. I've got a few other projects with priority over it at the moment, but I might well come back to it.

well if you want a system like that which is used in the romancing eyja mod, you would need to set a wardrobe for every NPC in the game and set a changing schedule for every NPC. Not only would you need to alter every NPCs AI, but also do almost 20 times more busy work just to package new AI and clothing as well as adding the new scripting.

Honestly I think this is a neat concept but i highly doubt anyone would take the time or the effort to go to this extreme of implimenting the clothes changing system used in the romancing eyja mod.

The way I described on the beth forums would have done it dynamically with scripting. I do plan to revisit the idea at some point, but I have at least three complex scripting mods that have priority over it for now.

All,

Just poking my nose in here to say,

If someone would be willing to send me some basic tutorials on the scripting, I would LOVE to do this mod. Couple of reasons:

1. It's easy

2. It's a great way for me to break more into scriping than "Player additem" spells.

3. It's repetitive.

4. I would get to upload my VERY OWN MOD ;D

Not trying to steal anyone's thunder though... just offering my service, however small it may be.

-Malchus

I certainly don't consider it my territory. PM me if you want me to talk you through the methodology I planned to use. It's a little complex to describe if you're not serious at having a crack at it. It will require some reasonably complex OBSE 17 scripting, but certainly nothing impossible. You might want to start by getting in a little scripting practice with the tutorials on the TES CS wiki, since it would help a lot if you were at least a bit familiar with the scripting language and some of the basic OBSE tools like reference walking and arrays.