Hide cursor, or start elsewhere

icthulu

Hi all,

I wanted to start a fallout 3 machinima, but I have 1 huge problem before I get very far.

When someone talks to you, the cursor shows up in the middle of the screen which is quite literally movie breaking. The text boxes can be edited out reasonably with clipping and zooming, but I can't get it out of the way fast enough in game to not cut off dialogue.

Is there a setting someplace to have it reappear in a far flung corner? Or can I make it invisible?

I would be grateful for any direction, or if this has to be a mod.

I'd love to know if there is a way to make the whole HUD vanish completely as well, if anyone can offer any advice. Thanks very much.

Hi all,

I wanted to start a fallout 3 machinima, but I have 1 huge problem before I get very far.

When someone talks to you, the cursor shows up in the middle of the screen which is quite literally movie breaking. The text boxes can be edited out reasonably with clipping and zooming, but I can't get it out of the way fast enough in game to not cut off dialogue.

Is there a setting someplace to have it reappear in a far flung corner? Or can I make it invisible?

I would be grateful for any direction, or if this has to be a mod.

I'd love to know if there is a way to make the whole HUD vanish completely as well, if anyone can offer any advice. Thanks very much.

use the console and type TM

if you don't know the console button its ~

use the console and type TM

if you don't know the console button its ~

That does help, but the cursor still shows up regardless. Which makes little sense to me, but I have no real right to complain too much. But I would love to know a way to get the mouse out of the way. It always shows up dead center.

Now that I think of it, can I replace the cursor file in fallout with one that is invisible?

I read somewhere that there is a fallout mouse file in the folder somewhere, but I am not certain if such a thing is possible to accomplish.

Thank you all for the assistance.

After searching for some of the cursor change mods for reference, I figured out the DDS file that I needed to edit, ( Fallout 3\Data\Textures\interface\interfaceshared0.dds) and after 3 seconds in GIMP, the pointer is all of 3 pixels and impossible to see unless you look really hard.

Maybe this will help others as the one you need to play with in the bottom row in the middle, after backing up the DDS of course.

Archived