find mod for an armor with missing mesh

kotaekun

In console, click NPC, use command 'showinventory' It will list all that NPC has, also showing what's being worn. Next to each item will be its FormID (an 8-digit hex number) Find FormID of the item in question.

If first two digits of FormID are 00, that is Skyrim's own armor, and some mod is just replacing the vanilla mesh file.

If it starts with anything other than 'FE', it is from a regular mod. I.e if it starts with '4C', in your mod list look for a plugin with index 4C.

If it starts with FE, it is a light mod, and you need to look at next 3 digits. I.e. if FormID is something like FE0568A0, you need to look for a plugin with index FE(056)

Once you know the plugin, you know the mod.

In console, click NPC, use command 'showinventory' It will list all that NPC has, also showing what's being worn. Next to each item will be its FormID (an 8-digit hex number) Find FormID of the item in question.

If first two digits of FormID are 00, that is Skyrim's own armor, and some mod is just replacing the vanilla mesh file.

If it starts with anything other than 'FE', it is from a regular mod. I.e if it starts with '4C', in your mod list look for a plugin with index 4C.

If it starts with FE, it is a light mod, and you need to look at next 3 digits. I.e. if FormID is something like FE0568A0, you need to look for a plugin with index FE(056)

Once you know the plugin, you know the mod.

Thanks. The problem was Enemy Variations Wenches, solved by reinstalling it, and then cleaning the save with Resave.