End of year network review

Dark0ne

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dark0ne - Sorry if this seems to potentially be off topic. Though then again may be not but I sent you a PM with a link to some suggested reading material on this.

Just wanted to say keep up the good work :)

Having a site like this helps ease people with no experience with modding (making or using), it makes them feel happy to try when you explain they are easy to remove and just how many people make them.

The truth is the community itself generates the content (the most important part), but there are reasons that modders and users alike keep coming back to the nexus, even many flatly rejecting other sources such as the steam workshop.

Anyway I am grateful you bother to put in this much effort, writing software and managing the website to a small start-up myself I can imagine just how difficult it can be at times, both dealing with technical problems and user expectations (often at the same time).

Thanks ^_^

I rarely comment here, but this is one of those times when I think I have something worthwhile to say...;) Thanks so much to you and all of your cohorts there for whom these sites are obviously a passionate labor of love. Your blood, sweat, and tears, of course, is deeply appreciated by every person who uses this site--especially, the non-premium members, for whom the Nexus sites are much like Christmas every day of the week. And thanks to the premium members, too, who help to make your toiling fruitful and productive.

Looking back to the first day I signed up with a Nexus site--a long time ago, so long ago I don't recall the game I was modding--back to that day when I was convinced that Nexus was run by some sort of clandestine Chinese shadow figure who no doubt was planning something nefarious for the world at large--a' la' Dr. No--all I have seen since is progress and the tangible results of the hard work you guys have been doing. Progress and nothing but progress. (And of course I was relieved that my sinister Chinese suspicions were *apparently* unfounded!.....?)

Thanks for the hard work and these sites as it all is very impressive, and it's impossible to estimate the positive impact your sites have had on PC gaming in the last few years. Every single game developer worth his salt who makes modifiable games owes your sites much, and I hope that all of them are premium members as from their point of view a Nexus premium membership is more like an investment in the longevity and the support of their own products!

I have no complaints and look forward to your no-doubt very bright future!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is tough. Sounds like the issues we have on the creation kit scripts, collaberation and production. Only you have it on a massive scale.

I am sorry for your headaches. I know what it means when you have all these ideas

you want to make public but spend 90% of the time haggling over every single

'mechanical issue' that is required to make you go one step forward.

Edited by Ashenfire

Thank you for all your hard work! I really enjoy the layout, and use nexus exclusively for Skyrim and Fallout modding. Not knowing anything about IT I had no idea it was such a struggle to keep this site afloat, I'm so appreciative of the efforts the nexus team makes to keep me happily dl'ing! <3