input.settings keeps resetting

Hi, I am having issues (GOG version 4.0.3) with the input.settings file found in the documents folder.

I am doing as asked with mods and pasting in keyboard inputs but when I start the game, the keys don't do what they're supposed to do and when I exit I find the input.settings file I had altered (yes I saved the changes and no its not a protected folder) that the file has completely reset to default.

I have looked through the first dozen pages of this forums help but can't find anything on this matter but would have expected it to be a common issue.

I assume there are files that are somehow patching the input.settings file to default, maybe an update patch or something?

I even tried completely replacing one of the built in keybindings so it no longer tries to do what it normally does instead opting for a mod test input.

For example I tried replacing every instance of IK_T=(Action=DrinkPotion3) to IK_T=(Action=ToggleHud) as an experiment but alas as to be predicted it merely just drank the potion instead.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, not having control of keybinds is rather irritating.

:sad:

PS: Once I have the fix for this, is there a certain order of the way keybinds work?

For example I would be happy to change the bestiary button B to something a mod requires a keybind for, would placing IK_B= at the top of the input.settings file have priority or at the bottom and would this override or just act as a clash and activate both the bestiary and the mods function?

Edit: I am aware of the "set it to read only" however I would rather be able to uproot the issue if possible so I don't have to rely on blocking it from being written to.

• 1 month later...