Dynamic home(s)

szupercso

I've always wanted to try and settle down at a random place in the wasteland, but when i finally found a decent-enough spot with a bed and containers, there was a lack of action, no things to do after you've sorted your scenery items around.

My idea is the ability to "settle down" at a place where you could get random encounters travelling by your place, be it friendly or hostile. Raiders trying to scavenge your goods, traders paying a visit in hope for a good deal, monsters trying to make your life harder.

This is intended to be used together with other mods that make you hungry, thirsty or sleepy (and therefore unable to get full health with just 1 hour of sleep) so you would occasionally need to leave your home for short periods unless food delivers itself if you get what i mean ;)

You could have companions at your home who would perhaps help out at defending, or perhaps keep thieves away(while you're not there).

I also thought about being able to extend your home with additional furniture but that would require author-created places which is not as random as the places you stumble upon by randomly searching around, but could still be an option. (Reason for extending might be to supply companions with beds perhaps!)

Lastly, the ability to set multiple place-markers would be awesome, so you could properly remember where you made your home, and still be able to remember if you decide to move onto another place. (I know about the marker provided by vanilla FO3 set by right clicking but that's not a real place marker just an arrow)

I do hope somebody considers actually making this, say your opinions!

Maybe you should try looking at The Settler mod.

I gave it a try but it's quite buggy and is not quite what i am aiming for.

I am only looking forward to make a single shelter with a maximum of 2 companions and actual random encounters would occur, not ones started by the player by using a lookout tower...

I like the way objects are placed however... Would be nice if someone could use up that part and make NPCs encounter you, not you encounter them. :)

This is intended to be used together with other mods that make you hungry, thirsty or sleepy (and therefore unable to get full health with just 1 hour of sleep) so you would occasionally need to leave your home for short periods unless food delivers itself if you get what i mean ;)

or you could start a farm :wink:

then it could be like Harvest Moon... but also Fallout...

farm the land, raise Brahmin, and then blow the heads off slavers and super mutants that mess with you...

however, I don't have the time to make such a thing, but if you do ever decide to make something, I could probly provide you with some 3d meshes for mutated corn and crazy radiated watermelon and stuff like that

Ofc it's somewhat buggy, it's in beta. Now be a good patient boy and support the mod and wait until it's completed.

Problem is: The settler mod differs from what i have in mind.

My idea: Single shack with random encounters

The mod: Village with player executed "artificial" encounters

I'll try telling about my idea to the author, he might make it possible with his mod.

Archived