Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch?

wfandrews

I was just checking Arthmoor's page on AFK to see if there were any updates to any of his mods I was using when I came across this. Arthmoor stated that you should use a certain version with the updated Steam version of SSE AE.

I was using v4.2.9a with the GOG version of SSE AE and am now playing the Steam version of SSE AE and am using the same version of USSEP as I was using with GOG SSE AE.

I downloaded USSEP from his page even though it had the same version number as the version I had and I now have two USSEP with the same version number but different downloads.

To clarify, I am using NMM Community Edition and when you download the same version of a mod from file it will show that you have downloaded that mod but you will still only have the one version on your mod installation page. When I downloaded the USSEP from Arthmoor's page it showed I had two Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patches on my mod page. In other words NMM considered them as two different versions of the mod even though they have the same version number.

Now I do not know whether I should go with the version I am using, which is the same one I used with the GOG version of SSE AE, or go with the one I just downloaded from AFK?

I should add that when I download a mod that is bigger than a few mg I download it to my folder that holds mods for that game and then use "download from file" to add it to the NMM installation page and then install it. I started doing this some time ago when NMM often had problems with large mods that were downloaded directly to the mod installation page. Now I just do it automatically for any mods that are more than a few mg. So when I downloaded to my SSE AE folder it did not give me the duplicate file error.

Just to hopefully clarify, 4.2.9a is the latest version that works for both Steam and GOG games.

I couldn't say why NMM shows both, possibly because the archive file name is different? (Nexus downloads have additional mod numbers)

It's probably safe to delete the download from AFK and stay with the version you already have.

If you have 4.2.9a then you have the current version (in relation to the date of this posting). It does not matter if your source is AFK or Nexus Mods.

As far as having two installs of the mod, I suspect that NMM like Vortex relies on the 7z / zip / rar file name to determine if it is the same mod or not. If you compare the downloaded file from Nexus against the one from AFK, you will see that the Nexus one has a bunch of added stuff beyond the mod's name (version #, internal tracking #, etc). This is how the mod manager is able to determine if there is an update for that mod.

I believe you are correct as one of the mods I downloaded from Nexus and one from AFK.

So they are essentially both the same mod and it really does not matter which one I have installed.

Your replies were appreciated, thank you.