Can''t update to GECK 1.5

muppetsoup

Finally got GECK to load to FO3NV but now get "FalloutNV.esm is a higher version than this EXE can load." When I disable subsequent warnings it won't load all the game files when selecting the base game in "Data". I cannot believe how difficult it has become to load the GECK into FO3 and FONV and have it work! I don't know if it's a Steam related problem or what, but I was doing fine with both versions last year. Nothing but problems since reloading both games recently.

First do you have both games on steam? "Not asking because I think your a pirate it's just there is an easy way to get the GECKS from Steam"

If you have the Steam GOTY of FO3 in your game folder there is already an installer for the FO3 GECK just run it and your good to go.

For FNV got to your steam library, Next to the search box it will say games, Click that and navigate to TOOLS. In there you will find a full download of The FNV GECK from steam. Click install.

the reason your GECK is telling you "FalloutNV.esm is a higher version than this EXE can load." is because your trying to use the FO3 GECK in NV which is an updated version of FO3

Hope this helps.