Floating Blood Textures

emjay144

In a few caves I've had this weird bug where blood is just floating in the air. It seems to be related to chaurus eggs, specifically. I don't run any mods that affect blood textures at all, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the egg sacs.

And yes, I am aware of this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55582. But I don't have More Lights for ENB installed. For fun, I did try using that fix anyway but it did nothing. So I'm not really sure what other mods might be the culprit.

I'm curious if anyone has thoughts what might be causing this?

I can generally think of two cases:

1. The object on which this splatter is supposed to be, did not render properly.... but the splatter did.

2. That splatter was supposed to be on the eggs.

If you could tell where that image is from exactly, I can check the place in CK.

I can generally think of two cases:

1. The object on which this splatter is supposed to be, did not render properly.... but the splatter did.

2. That splatter was supposed to be on the eggs.

If you could tell where that image is from exactly, I can check the place in CK.

Hi, that was in Chillwind Depths, in the large chaurus enclosure. Right next to the eggs there was a dead NPC laying on a slab.

I dunno, only 'NPC on a slab' I can see is on in front of a small bridge right before the boss falmer shaman.... unless you mean NPC lying on a bedroll. There are several of those, but I could not see a configuration similar to the picture.

One thing you could try is open console, click on those specific eggs, and post here the 8-digit hex number that appears in middle of screen...

One thing it might be, is that thing among eggs is actually Chaurus hunter cocoon - and yes I occasionally see that 'goo' left hanging in mid-air after a hunter bursts from cocoon.

I dunno, only 'NPC on a slab' I can see is on in front of a small bridge right before the boss falmer shaman.... unless you mean NPC lying on a bedroll. There are several of those, but I could not see a configuration similar to the picture.

One thing you could try is open console, click on those specific eggs, and post here the 8-digit hex number that appears in middle of screen...

One thing it might be, is that thing among eggs is actually Chaurus hunter cocoon - and yes I occasionally see that 'goo' left hanging in mid-air after a hunter bursts from cocoon.

Here's a hopefully better picture of the location:

Ok, I found the spot. Nothing there that's actually placed. There is a 'decal blood spray' under the dead guy, but I think that one is where it should be. There is a Chaurus Hunter cocoon nearby from which a Hunter can burst. I know that accasionally after killing those guys, a blood splatter stays hanging in the air. If you got 'More Informative Console', you could open console, click on that suspended blood, it should give you some info on what it is.