Identify Precombines in a Cell?

You can do it in-game by attempting to disable things with the console. You won't be able to disable anything that is part of a precombine.

Thanks. I was aware of that. I am also reading that you can use XEdit to identify things, but there's nothing in the CK interface apparently that indicates it directly.

You can do it in-game by attempting to disable things with the console. You won't be able to disable anything that is part of a precombine.

Thanks. I was aware of that. I am also reading that you can use XEdit to identify things, but there's nothing in the CK interface apparently that indicates it directly.

yes you can but its a headache...plus you have to remove the whole record (the whole cluster) you cant remove some things and leave others . Its much easier to disable and hide from local map and finally sink to -30000 what you want and regenerate precombined geometry (one cell at a time ) and the regenerate precombined visibility (again one cell at a time)....

yes you can but its a headache...plus you have to remove the whole record (the whole cluster) you cant remove some things and leave others . Its much easier to disable and hide from local map and finally sink to -30000 what you want and regenerate precombined geometry (one cell at a time ) and the regenerate precombined visibility (again one cell at a time)....

I think that when adb3nj says "You won't be able to disable anything that is part of a precombine." means "in-game".

Is there a technical reason behind the number "-30000" or just an arbitrary value.

• 2 weeks later...
There is some speculation that the game still uses memory resources on them as they are only disabled (not deleted), and moving them to an unused internal cell may be better. It will be interesting to see if this proves worthwhile.