Task Manager Wont Come Up

Morbid_Pathologist

Yesterday i realised that the Task Manager isnt working, and by that i mean it wont come up at all, the little green box (Windows XP) will sit there in the system tray and clicking on it like a crazed maniac wont do anything, nor will bashing the keyboard.

I'm running Windows through another update, and im hoping this will solve the issue, because i really dont want to format again, not just that but ill be very busy this week (chef course at tafe) so i wont have time to do so, and my school holiday only goes for 1 week (yeah bad i know) so even if i had to i wouldnt have much time to do so...

Now before anyone thinks this is something they've seen on other forums, well it isnt, because regedit and msconfig work, everything works, i just cant save in paint, open the task manager, and it runs considerably slower (N used to run at 10-15m/s, now its around 30)

You have probably checked, but have you run a virus and spyware scan. Whenever my computer is running really slow it tends to be spyware or some kind of virus. Other than that try going to the microsoft website and post on their tech help forumn I have had good sucess solving problems this way.

yeah ive checked through Ad-Aware (updated) and Norton 2003 (updated), plus ive fiddled around with msconfig and regedit and so far no luck, it seems now my only hope would be either this windows update, or i format...again.

ahh, thats okay, thanks for the offer anyway, i ran it through windows update, problem solved, now its just the matter of stopping my brother from loading over 8gb of his gay "dance" music onto it :/

Since the problem is solved, this should probably be locked :)

Archived