Straight outta Lamplight

DreamEmpire

Ok so this is based on my original reactions to big town....i first found Lamplight and im greeted by

"Not one step closer Mungo or we blow your f*#@in head off "- Macreedy

Then i go to Bigtown and they are a bunch of wimps being picked on by everyone....can you imagine some kid who has managed to survive on their own in the face of mutants and slavers would do so badly when they got older? I cant imagine Macreedy being a pushover when he has to leave. Way I see it is they would be like Orphan kids normally are....tough! They didnt have a nice cooshy vault or loads or protection. They all know how to use guns in Lamplight so what happens to them in bigtown? Lose their nerve?

So what im saying is...should they not be ALOT tougher? I would imagine such an experince growing up would make they very tough.

What you think? Do you think people with that upbringing would just abandon hope to despair or fight back? My bet would be on fighting.

Got a mod with an improved Big Town but still needs work :(

Well, the people in Bigtown are completely exposed to the Wasetland all the time. I'd imagine that could make them lose their nerve.

yeah.....

they're pretty sheltered in Lamplight

so they really know how to survive in Bigtown

plus they're small, and the traders don't seem to go by, so they have to scavenge most of their stuff or risk getting killed by going to Megaton or Rivet City or someplace

plus do you see ANY bodys in the entrance to Lamplight

seems like Macreedy could take out a Raider or a mutant if they weren't heavily armed

and actually they do have a Vault to hide in, if they so chose, the back entrance to Vault 82 is in Lamplight

just has some mutants that they'd have to clear (no more than ten, I think)

plus the gate keeps them from the wasteland......

they're totally self sufficient and none of them seem very tense, like most wastelanders are

It does seem a bit odd. The shelter thing might have something to do with it, but have you seen the weapons in Big Town? A Hunting Rifle's the best they got, and that's not much against the assault rifles and grenades the super muties wield.

Its not only the fact they have poor guns...they dont even setup a decent defensive position theres only one way in...so have some sort of bunker/pillbox facing it and they have serious problems getting in. It seems like stupidity to do what they do...i mean you have literally nothing to lose by fighting. If you dont fight you get slavery or death...or mutation...not exactly viable for a surrender in my opinion.

Guns are easy to get...any fight the corpses will have guns thats if they cant even find a scavanger to trade with. Theres nowhere that says they are stupid..Reds a doctor what are the rest of them? Even crude weapons like molotov cocktails or Nuka Grenades do the job.