Fallout Tactics - Pilot skill

xaechireon

So I was playing Fallout tactics and I got my first vehicle, a hummer, and it brought to mind the Pilot skill - "The ability to operate and maintain all vehicles effectively." Which I didn't quite understand.

To operate the hummer, Its just like moving any unit in the squad (Which is to say, like getting your character to move somewhere in FO1/FO2) with the exceptions of the shortcomings of the vehicle, like reversing and the like.

And maintenance, well, if your vehicle takes damage, the Repair skill is what's used to restore it to its original condition.

Google, my friend.

Oh, come on! I'm tired of hearing that the Pilot skill is useless. It is not useless. When you develop it enough you'll notice that the speed you can drive the Hammer and other vehicles increases significantly. This is very useful in the random encounters in the wilderness when you want to quickly level up. A pack of 6 supermutants or deathclaws can give you a serious amount of xp points. Of course, you got to have good weapons and proper ammo to deal with 6 supermutants. Because, once you open fire on them they can charge at your hummer at a frightening speed. If they catch you in a corner they can destroy the Hummer in seconds. Also some of them carry RPGs and it is a very Hummer-unfriendly weapon. That's when the Pilot skill comes in handy. With a good pilot skill you can drive the entire random encounter quadrant in circles while your teammates shoot at the mutants. You can hit brakes and and very quickly drive on reverse gear. It's a skill designed for those who like to level up by shooting things at random encounters.

But yeah, in the actual levels this skill is not applicable.

Found it on a gamespot forum, so I don't know how true it is. Only ever played the Fallout Tactics demo, couldn't find the game anywhere.

Archived