Civil War Overhaul serious problem.

michael199310

I've got a serious problem with CWO mod. I played Skyrim unmodded long time ago and I finished Stormcloack campaign in vanilla. But if was dull and boring so I decided to try out CWO mod and joined the Legion. Everything was fine until the Battle of Whiterun. I checked some comments that you cannot lose that battle in vanilla. Apparently, you can in CWO.

I've got objective "defend the drawbridge" and suddenly the quest failed, but none of the enemies made their way to the drawbridge. I tried reloading save but it does not helped. So I left and returned to the Whiterun after some time. The drawbridge is still raised, so I can't pass it normally (I need to go around), also there are 'unnamed' guards in stormcloack uniforms that attack me on sight. I can normally enter the city and do stuff there but those guards are a pain. In the keep, there's new Jarl and it seems fine, but there's also Hjornskar Head-Smasher that is also attacking me. And it cannot be killed.

Any help to fix that?

Did you install that mod mid-game? It specifically says do NOT do that on the mod page. That mod requires a new game.

However, if I misinterpreted that, then the Stormcloaks are supposed to attack you if you sided with the Legion. That mod is known to have bugs though it is very stable, so you will have to load a save before you started the battle.