Looking for modders/gamers for PhD research

thekaypea

Hey!

Thanks for clicking on this forum post first of all and checking out what I have to potentially say/offer! I also want to apologise in advance if there was another place within the forums to do this but I just felt like the off topic forums seemed to be the best place but feel free to remove the post if this kind of thing is not allowed.

I am a PhD researcher looking into the relationship between gaming communities and the games industry. Through things like modding and playtests etc., our connection to the games industry has become more intertwined. We can see how modding or simply providing feedback in open forums can help shape or influence a game either whilst it's in development or after a game's release when new DLC or content is being considered. It's the idea of the influence of gaming communities combined with the industry that I am looking to research.

In order to do so, I'm looking to speak with people who has had some experience with this. If you have been involved with the creation of mods or you happened to give feedback on a game in a public space or if you've maybe taken part in playtests where you've got to leave feedback then I would love to speak with you! The conversation will be in the form of an interview that should last approx. 1 hour and will just ask you some questions about your experiences with modding.

If you'd like to get involved or have any queries before making that decision then feel free to either reach out on this post or alternatively, feel free to email me at [email protected]!

Thanks so much for your time <3