Old World Blues

oldtrk

Having trouble just trying to navigate this forum. This is probably not the right place, but maybe someone can direct me.

I have had the DLC: Old World Blues for at least two years and have not yet gotten it to work. If I go to the drive in theater (at midnight), click on the satellite, my game crashes. Over the last couple years I have done many searches, deleted some mods, deleted all mods, etc. Recently I got a new computer, and re-downloaded the program, no mods, got it up to level 15, and pow, crash. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

okay I did some checking, a common cause of crashing, or freezing when interacting with the Satellite is playing in hardcore mode. Disable hardcore, and try it, if the DLC starts then you can switch back to Hard core once your in the big empty.

I have no mods loaded, and not using NMM. Just using a dry load. Also tried turning off other DLC's. Nothing. Also, tried using various skill levels.

Makes no sense to me. I have shut everything down, and still nothing.

you will hate this, but try reinstalling the game. purge the game from the registry too. I went through something similar with Deadmoney but at the very end, the elevator you have to take to exit and win wouldnt work.

the only other things I can think of is it might be your OS or some thing running in the background. try running it in compatibility mode for an early OS or start shutting down back ground programs. I had alot of CTD's and freezes till I started shutting down Background programs.

I know there were problems with Win 7 and there is a patch or mod to fix it. Win 8 seems to jack with it less but has its problems too. Beyond that I am at a loss.

Try using NVAC found here http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D53635%26preview%3D&pUp=1

It has helped me immensely with preventing crashes of all kinds, hopefully it will help you to do the same.

Thanks for all the imput. I am going to try NVAC, if that does not work, I will try a reload. I hate to do that as you can imagine.

I am using windows 8, as much as I dislike 8, it doesnot seem to be the problem here. I will persevere!