New DLC for Mass Effect!!!

Varus Torvyn

Looks nice! Hopefully this'll ease the wait between now and the second game. And I hope it's good too. Bring Down the Sky was good, but a little short. Maybe this'll be longer... :whistling:

About time. Mass Effect should learn from Fallout 3 and it's generous servings of DLC.

agreed

Fallout 3 and oblvion had very good sized servings of DLCs Mass Effect should do something like that too

still i did enjoy bring down the sky it was quite fun

Ichigo

Bring down the sky was just another completely bland generic planet, you could barely tell the difference between it and any of the other many many similar sidequests... all of which were terribly boring.

But, so long as the DLC also fixes the game so it will work without me having to revert to 2 year old graphics drivers (it wont start with anything newer, weirdly) just to be able to play the damn thing, I'll gladly get it.

Bring down the sky was just another completely bland generic planet, you could barely tell the difference between it and any of the other many many similar sidequests... all of which were terribly boring.

But, so long as the DLC also fixes the game so it will work without me having to revert to 2 year old graphics drivers (it wont start with anything newer, weirdly) just to be able to play the damn thing, I'll gladly get it.

Interesting that you mention graphics drivers. Originally I was running Mass Effect under XP SP3. The animation bogged down in certain locations (Normandy's elevator to the Med Section).

Now I'm running it under Vista, and I'm using the latest 64-bit drivers. The game looks slightly better with DX 10 and there is no framerate nor animation lagging.

Edit: I have also noticed that the game does not interrupt with as many "Loading" messages as it used to, and the loads inside elevators are quicker.

Interesting that you mention graphics drivers. Originally I was running Mass Effect under XP SP3. The animation bogged down in certain locations (Normandy's elevator to the Med Section).

Now I'm running it under Vista, and I'm using the latest 64-bit drivers. The game looks slightly better with DX 10 and there is no framerate nor animation lagging.

Edit: I have also noticed that the game does not interrupt with as many "Loading" messages as it used to, and the loads inside elevators are quicker.

Yeah, it seems to be a thing with most of Bioware's games actually. I tried to play KotoR again today, and it didnt work. After much looking round the tech support forums, I discovered that I need to downgrade to older graphics drivers for it to work :P Its really rather irritating.

Although, on the plus side, it seems the latest nvidia drivers (186.16) fix Mass Effect... at least, it starts, and I can play it. But it crashes constantly, I've often had BSODs related to nv4disp.dll, or Windows popups warning me that my graphics drivers have stopped responding. But most often, it just freezes.

Bioware clearly don't have a big enough QA team.

Yeah, it seems to be a thing with most of Bioware's games actually. I tried to play KotoR again today, and it didnt work. After much looking round the tech support forums, I discovered that I need to downgrade to older graphics drivers for it to work :P Its really rather irritating.

Although, on the plus side, it seems the latest nvidia drivers (186.16) fix Mass Effect... at least, it starts, and I can play it. But it crashes constantly, I've often had BSODs related to nv4disp.dll, or Windows popups warning me that my graphics drivers have stopped responding. But most often, it just freezes.

Bioware clearly don't have a big enough QA team.

I have zero problem with nVidia driver 186.18 , but that is the 64-bit Vista driver. I have - believe it or not - zero problems running Mass Effect. Not even a single CTD. You must be using a different OS than mine, since your version number is different.

The game runs just fine, right out of the \Program Files (x86) folder.

I did go to Windows Update and ensured I had all of the fixes installed (even the non-critical ones).

• 2 weeks later...
Considering the DLC was made free to PC users and all the FO3 ones cost... Dropping 10 bucks around every corner gets old.

That's not quite fair. ME's DLC was only 1-2 hours long. It didn't have as much content as FO3's DLC.