Saves Gone when launching via Vortex

MayuriMiku

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

So, I have been playing a modded BG3 playthrough for a few days and it's been going great. I updated a few mods today, then when I launched the game through Vortex, the game behaved as though it was my first time ever launching it, and "Continue" and "Load Game" are gone, leaving just New Game. If I launch via steam, the saves are there and I can load in. But as far as I understand it, mods can only be loaded from Vortex when you launch the game from Vortex. So idk what is causing it but anytime I launch the game through Vortex now, the game doesn't read any saves.

Is this a common problem or is there something I have installed in Vortex causing this?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey i had the same problem but its really easy to solve. All you have to do i copy your existing save file from "C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames\Story" to C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Debug_Client_Profile_2\Savegames\Story

And then next time you start the game wia vortex you can continnue your adventure :D