How would I go about editing a spell effect's color?

EpicBlu

you will have to add it manually the CK doesn't "detect" things like that unless its the same as a default item (a replacer). try replacing one of the default spells models manually, like firebolt, as a test to see if the model and colors work. feel free to experiment a little, then, when you get it working, just make a new file for it without the experiments (dirty edits, man, everyone hates them)

im still learning the CK myself and would also like to know how you did this if/when you get it to work. :smile:

Edited by Dracula420

the models for the magic effect seems to be under Projectiles in the SpecialEffect section of the CK's object window. the firebolt model is fireboltprojectile01.

if you point this at a new Art File (the new nif you made) you can test you new model. happy casting

Alright; I've made some progress. I was able to implement the effect by looking at another mod and realizing that you can make your own projectile item in the CK by storing the .nif file inside data/skyrim/meshes, and then duplicating a spell projectile file. I feel stupid. Still, progress!

Now the problem is that it looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/aLTgnC4.jpg

I seem to have messed up somewhere along the line when using GIMP.

Edited by EpicBlu