How would I go about editing a spell effect's color?

EpicBlu

Sorry that I completely stopped responding. I had a computer hiccup. Anyways, I've been messing about with the alpha layer; what I tried was loading up the dds texture into GIMP and then editing it via a hue layer. Where am I messing up?

Okay; the problem, it seems, is directly with GIMP - or moreover, the way I'm saving it. On a hunch, I loaded up the default texture and then exported it before using it in the spell. I still had the white-shell problem. I'm going to fiddle with this and see what the problem is.

Thread link This is where I mention how I changed the flames spell color.

If you think it is GIMP, you can try Photoshop. Since Adobe is on the Creative Cloud subscription model now you can use Photoshop completely legit for $20 a month.

The main things you want to look for in NIFscope are the particle system for the effect, and the TriShapeNode for the projectile.

[Edit] I may make a short video tutorial on this subject.

Edited by Salvostramus

Shouldn't be GIMP as that's what I used for my textures for the new colors of Sparks, or rather spells like Sparks. And thank you for updating that thread Salvo! That's where I got stuck on through Sparks, I decided to throw my hands up in the air, looked at Apocalypse Spell Package and then decided to message the spell master himself. Flame spells are a bit tricker from what I hear.

Also, if you make a video, I'll try and contribute as well once I finish my edits on this mod up. :o

Grr, having audio sync issues with the video, still working on it though. Editing the impact data is a bit more tricky and I'll do that in a part two.

Word to the wise: Never record a tutorial in a codec that uses spatial or temporal compression if you intend to edit it before uploading. :(

Edited by Salvostramus