GOG AE CTDing past Bugthesda Logo Intro When Started Through SKSE

VearCon64

I doubt anyone will respond to this, but the GOG version of Skyrim AE CTDs either right after the bugthesda logo before the main menu can even appear, or sometimes on the main menu right before the symbol would turn from grey to gold to signify you have the AE "upgrade". (Yeah upgrade my ass Bugthesda you jore f*#@S. :mad:) However it only happens if you run it thru SKSE, not that that matters since I'd never play it without mods. My first 2 playthrus on the shitty-ass Switch port were bad enough. (Thanks a lot for those puke-inducing excuses for amiibo bonuses nintendon't. :mad: ) If this were the good ol SE 1.5.97 on Steam, either one of the two crash loggers here on the nexus MIGHT be able to tell me what the issue is, but neither of them work with the gog version as the crash logs aren't made. Because of that I am completely in the dark about the cause of this. Is there any help whatsoever?!

Have you double-checked that you have both the SKSE64 and Address Library versions for GOG Skyrim? Have you checked the SKSE logs in both your ...Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE folder and in the ...steamapps/data/SKSE folder? These might have information on mods that might be breaking your game.

The comments thread at ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59818 ) doesn't have any posts about problems working on the GOG version, I searched it for "GOG". Maybe look there for help getting it to run on your setup.

Also, check out the Crash Log Analyzer ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/89860 ) - it cleans up the crash logs a bit, and does some problem solving.

Also, are you running any 'fixes' mods, those sites might be able to help you sort this out. Good Luck!

Ok oddly enough reinstalling the AE upgrade fixed the problem. Now I just have to figure out why the f*#@ the missing/fubar terrain glitch from my old steam game which I purged and replaced with the gog version in order to not have is somehow still here... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: