Weird bug? Taking items 50$ or lower is not a theft, but should be

solinger

Hi, I've got a weird question and just hope maybe somebody here knows something...

So in my loadout in certain buildings/places, it is not a theft to take items, which are worth 50$ or less and I don't know why.

In other words, I can be seen by an NPC and take every item worth 50 or less, pick every lock and open every container; the red "Steal" indicator is not shown. It happened with the Riverwood trader, after the quest, with the Riverwood inn after I gave Embry the beggar a drink, the jarl's palace. Could it be because some "friend-score" changes? Is this a mod or a bug?

And how can I upload my mod list to show you? If anyone has an idea I appreciate the consideration! :)

When you become friends with an NPC, typically after doing a quest for them, they will be willing to share low value items from their home with you and sometimes approach you and give you something directly.

They may still not react too fondly of having their front door picked open. But when it is unlocked, you're free to pick up whatever you might need / want.

This particular feature has been in the game since day one.