Got an issue with a NPC spawn in Primm that messes up how its suppose to play.

Hello all,

First time posting here but I am stuck with a problem I can not resolve. I have been using mods for some time now and while I in general do not have many problems most recently a reoccuring one has popped up I can not find out which mod it causes. It basically has to do with a NPC spawn and in particular where the NPC is spawn.
When the player first approaches the town of Primm the hostiles inside it are only patroling but not aggressive until the player enters the town. However one of my mods seems to spawn an NCR soldier, 00157cda I suspect was suppose to spawn near the guard post at the underpass but who instead spawns within Primm and aggros the bandits. I found out that this NPC normally does not spawn (FNVedit suggests he is disabled) but one of the mods I use to restore content must bring him back but makes him spawn at the wrong place.

I remember having this issue years ago when I still used FOMM but when I rearranged the order in which mods were loaded it seemed to be resolved. Unfortunately I can't recally what I exactly did. I recently retired FOMM in favor of MO2 and I have also been replacing some of the older mods with modern versions such as Open Freeside and Open Strip with Simple Open Freeside and Simple Open Strip, this definitely has helped with stability issues.

I will post a list of mods that I use here tomorrow (it is late here now), but in the meantime I would like to ask if someone else is having the same issue

Edit:

These are the mods that I have been using.

Edited by Dutchfalloutfan

• 1 month later...

First, your MO2 session is f*#@ed. The sign is that all the FNV esm are showing on left side panel in the non-mo categories. See it? A perfect MO2 session wont show them there because clumsy players will mess up and send them to priority other than lowest.

Second, I see your load order are listed ALPHABETICALLY

In my book it's top priority bug that need fixing right away. Other than a complete reinstall of BOTH MO2 and FNV, that is.

Do NOT list left side panel ALPHABETICALLY. MO2 protip: you list it in order of importance, so that sooner or later when you misclick and send MO2 load order into a tizzy, the left side panel still exist as a guide to rearrange back the load order list.

Another reason is that the left side panel has important priority from up/least to down/most important. So the folder of each item can contain assets and overwrite each other base on that order

The reason Overwrite section is bottom most because Overwrite has highest priority, and esp, esm in that folder/section will overwrite EVERYTHING.

If you really, really want to keep left side panel ALPHABETICALLY, because OCD, then list them in order of importance first, then RENAME them, one by one by your hand, to your liking. Do not do this s#*! automatically, which is the source of troubles you can never imagine. Which you are experiencing it.

-----

Finally, personal tip: DO NOT regret and keep old mods. Install a fresh session, choose which mod (current version) you want for which content you like and install them gradually over the time. Sure, install new mod into a current run session can have bad consequence. it's still better than install other-people-suggest load order. You keep control of which mod is where.

++ Sure, it take a month to make a personal load order. But at least YOU will have fun assembling that load order instead of install the other load order that OTHER people have fun assembling and suggesting to other suckers.

EVEN MORE, old mods might not work with all the nvse and other codings that update over the years. You need to retest the newer ones with current version of nvse to see if it work.

200+ mods? Do you even play all those content?

Edited by laclongquan