My Review

niston

Technically I think the game's quite good: Apart from two CTDs, it runs smooth on my ancient 1080TI, gameplay is fluid and the graphics look nice even on medium setting.

The new face animation system however has something very uncanny to it. The guy who gives u the ship (I forget his name already) was especially creepy.

Controls are extremely clunky, the UI is confusing and I had to turn the background music off cause it was getting annoying really quick (Sorry Inon Zur).

All in all, I made it almost 4 hours in.

Then I hit Alt-F4 cause the UX was generally underwhelming, unexpectedly uninspiring, unengaging and -worst of all- really boring.

Maybe I'll give it another try today, but rn I have zero desire to launch Skyrim in Space again.

Technically I think the game's quite good: Apart from two CTDs, it runs smooth on my ancient 1080TI, gameplay is fluid and the graphics look nice even on medium setting.

The new face animation system however has something very uncanny to it. The guy who gives u the ship (I forget his name already) was especially creepy.

Controls are extremely clunky, the UI is confusing and I had to turn the background music off cause it was getting annoying really quick (Sorry Inon Zur).

Then I hit Alt-F4 cause the UX was generally underwhelming, unexpectedly uninspiring, unengaging and -worst of all- really boring.

Maybe I'll give it another try today, but rn I have zero desire to launch Skyrim in Space again.

Apart that its more a fallout 4 in space rather than Skyrim ...

It has many flaws this game and honestly I expected much more, that said I like the graphics, the npcs well I can live with them , what I really do not like is the dozillion loading black screens for every simple change of location , even in the ship!

And also the fact that there is no flying , no vehicles, no spaceships to fly around ... I mean they made a technological set game they should have focused to improve their techniology , what's the point of making a game set in space where you cannot pilot anything and all exploration is done on foot on a barren fake planet square???

What's up with nif and hkx? nif can be opened in nifscope? I will wait, I will not install until the tools appear. But it is very interesting what we will get in terms of working with 3d. Does the game have weightlessness physics or did they fail to implement weightlessness?

What's up with nif and hkx? nif can be opened in nifscope? I will wait, I will not install until the tools appear. But it is very interesting what we will get in terms of working with 3d. Does the game have weightlessness physics or did they fail to implement weightlessness?

What are weightlessness physics?

Back in ~20 there were articles about new havok mechanics. There was talk that weightlessness would be added to the new havok as a separate medium, more complex than water. It was believed that there would be a separate collection of animations for weightlessness and there would be complex physics (recoil of a shot, reverse jet propulsion, x,y,z navigation).

Back in ~20 there were articles about new havok mechanics. There was talk that weightlessness would be added to the new havok as a separate medium, more complex than water. It was believed that there would be a separate collection of animations for weightlessness and there would be complex physics (recoil of a shot, reverse jet propulsion, x,y,z navigation).

I wonder if there are even physics in Starfield ... I mean if you jump and stop putting the lever forward you literally stop mid air and you can even turn and change direction ... , if you are swimming in water you can jump out without any force , people still are sliding on terrain , you get stuck between rocks or other items ...

I wonder if there are even physics in Starfield ... I mean if you jump and stop putting the lever forward you literally stop mid air and you can even turn and change direction ... , if you are swimming in water you can jump out without any force , people still are sliding on terrain , you get stuck between rocks or other items ...
Hmm... I don't know, I haven't played yet. But of course the game has physics. Navmeshes and other types of collisions, world laws of how objects, bones, nodes work.