Turn off MMM for Point Lookout

Talon111

Heads-up!!! Turn off MMM, I was playing PL fine until I got to a place where there are mireluks. They were all messed up and IDed as friendlies, then my game crashed. After repeated attempts I found that turning off MMM fixed it.

I have to say this is one TERRIFIC DLC!!! Big, full of surprises and very imaginative.

Oh, I thought you meant turn it off if you also had Broken Steel. I was rushed by 3 Roamers and 2 Reavers randomly, while playing the 360 version.

Good find Talon.

I too was experiencing the strange mirelurk activity until disabling MMM.

I'm reluctant to commit to an opinion, but so far the 1.6 patch has been performing quite well for me. This is *by far* the DLC that is closest to what I've been hoping to find; exploration-friendly, less reliance on combat, and plenty of notes to read/hear and new models/textures. I'm having a great time in the dark, swampy mire so far.

I already had to turn off MMM as I found it (RC2) to be the cause of my recent crash trouble near Springvale. Consistently, as I was passing by the last house on the road back to 101, a few seconds after I got in range to hear the Enclaves' rippers (and apparently, I can hear 'em from plenty far away), boom. :( Didn't stop until I disabled all of MMM. Now, the wasteland seems... more empty.

I already had to turn off MMM as I found it (RC2) to be the cause of my recent crash trouble near Springvale. Consistently, as I was passing by the last house on the road back to 101, a few seconds after I got in range to hear the Enclaves' rippers (and apparently, I can hear 'em from plenty far away), boom. :( Didn't stop until I disabled all of MMM. Now, the wasteland seems... more empty.

I had that same crash bug, but I had no idea it was MMM! Sometimes I think MMM tries to do too much, it's impressive but there are many bugs. Still I hate to lose it.

I had that same crash bug, but I had no idea it was MMM! Sometimes I think MMM tries to do too much, it's impressive but there are many bugs. Still I hate to lose it.

Was it in the same area for you too? It may (and probably does) happen elsewhere, but the spot between Springvale and 101 was the one I consistently got crashes at, and the first spot where I noticed a serious and repeatable problem.

I know for sure that it wasn't just ripper sound + MMM == crash, because I could go to another place where there were power-armored guys with rippers running around (between SatCom array NN-03d and Fort Constantine), and not crash.

In the process of figuring out the crash, I loaded many past saves, disabled many mods, and got so sick of seeing Vault Boy telling me Fallout had performed an illegal operation... ugh. I don't really think I want to download the new version, if it's been released yet.

Gonna miss the Floater Meat though. Awesome stuff. And the wasteland'll just feel so empty now... but on the other hand, maybe I can break my addiction to the high damage from Skullmosher's Laser Pack, and actually use weapons other than a laser rifle!

Was it in the same area for you too? It may (and probably does) happen elsewhere, but the spot between Springvale and 101 was the one I consistently got crashes at, and the first spot where I noticed a serious and repeatable problem.

I know for sure that it wasn't just ripper sound + MMM == crash, because I could go to another place where there were power-armored guys with rippers running around (between SatCom array NN-03d and Fort Constantine), and not crash.

In the process of figuring out the crash, I loaded many past saves, disabled many mods, and got so sick of seeing Vault Boy telling me Fallout had performed an illegal operation... ugh. I don't really think I want to download the new version, if it's been released yet.

Gonna miss the Floater Meat though. Awesome stuff. And the wasteland'll just feel so empty now... but on the other hand, maybe I can break my addiction to the high damage from Skullmosher's Laser Pack, and actually use weapons other than a laser rifle!

Yep, approachingthat first house.