Starfield Quickslot/Scanner Stuttering

martoblokes

Hi all,

Is anyone else having the issue where the game stutters only when swapping between quickslot items and using the scanner? the scanner stutter seems to stop when unequiping the cutter weapon, so i think it may have something to do with the weapons themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

This also happens with scoped weapons. Seems related to some kind of asset loading when zoom effects are in place. Maybe it's FPS related - because of the zoom animations being tested largely for 30 FPS (Xbox).

Most of the UI is locked to 30 FPS - which is why you'll see jerky UI animations in space (when running at higher frame rates) - unless you download high FPS UI mods.

Most amusingly (not) - the AI pathing also breaks down at above 60 FPS - which is why your companions will constantly get stuck - or enemies will start dancing/floating or do weird stuff near objects. You can "fix" it by lowering FPS to 60 using a limiter.

Again, most likely the game wasn't tested very thoroughly at higher frame rates.

Edited by DKDArtagnan

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Is anyone else having the issue where the game stutters only when swapping between quickslot items and using the scanner? the scanner stutter seems to stop when unequiping the cutter weapon, so i think it may have something to do with the weapons themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Don't get me started.... It's that bad...

but check this, believe it OR NOT .. but Downgrading my 7800XT gpu to RX480 8GB solved completely the camera stutter :ohmy:

Also, have you ever had a micro stutter while zoom in and out a sniper rifle in 3rd person ? Again, that doesn't happen anymore since i downgraded my gpu !?!?!?

I mean WTF is happening to games these day's !?

Use msi afterburner and ESPECIALY CHECK the 1% Low Fps ← there lies the BIGGEST problem and causes Camera Stutter FOR SURE !!

So , after trying out litterally everything on Hardware level and Software level ... i finaly have purchased an Asus Tuf X570 mobo ...

if that doesn't solve anything then, I can only attribute this to bad drivers for the new AMD GPU .. AMD needs to fix their s#*! before release new HARdware .. REaLY !!

Edited by Metagondria