Point Lookout

SilusCrow

I loved the exploration element of this DLC that was absent in the others so far. I didn't find the hillbillies hard at all (because I can just sneak up to them and slip a grenade in their pants) but I liked how you could enter a vacated building and when you come back out, there's 7 country bumpkins waiting for you. For once, someone ELSE was sneaking up on me!

The one thing that I didn't like was the ending of the main quest. Maybe I missed an important note or something, but to me it was just a pre-war ghoul and a bodiless scientist involved in a big pissing contest for no particular reason whatsoever. The end was very anticlimactic, and that damn ghoul never gave me the information he promised me.

I haven't finished the Necromicon-wannabe quest yet because I haven't gone to Dunwich, but could I just give the book to Obadiah, kill him and take the book again, and then take it to dunwich to "complete" both sides of the story in one shot?

I loved the exploration element of this DLC that was absent in the others so far. I didn't find the hillbillies hard at all (because I can just sneak up to them and slip a grenade in their pants) but I liked how you could enter a vacated building and when you come back out, there's 7 country bumpkins waiting for you. For once, someone ELSE was sneaking up on me!

The one thing that I didn't like was the ending of the main quest. Maybe I missed an important note or something, but to me it was just a pre-war ghoul and a bodiless scientist involved in a big pissing contest for no particular reason whatsoever. The end was very anticlimactic, and that damn ghoul never gave me the information he promised me.

I haven't finished the Necromicon-wannabe quest yet because I haven't gone to Dunwich, but could I just give the book to Obadiah, kill him and take the book again, and then take it to dunwich to "complete" both sides of the story in one shot?

Well, you could always have destroyed the brain, then blew Desmond's head off for his special glasses =P

As for the book, yes, I'm pretty sure you can do that.

I finally got it, and of the DLC thus far, Point Lookout is the only one that really returns to the Fallout Ethos of trully nebulous moral choices with no real answers. Monastary filled with peaceful misguided cultists who attack you under the direction of an egomaniacal disembodied brain? Burn that female dog to the ground. Foul mouthed british ghoul constantly berating you despite your help? Give him both barrels, and his little dogs too. Southern "Belle" sends you out to get evil book? Kill everyone involved and let cthullu sort em out.

That said, they should've called it Fallout: Deliverance.

Am I the only one disappointed by the quest with the book? I mean, I remember when I went through the dunwich building the first time, it wasn't the easiest thing to do. Especially considering the alternative is giving it to the old guy in the mansion for an actual reward. Instead, I traveled through that stupid building again to burn the book, and waited for what I hoped would be a perk. Instead, I get 100xp and good karma, which is pretty bad considering so long as you complete the quest, you'll get 100xp and I was already at the surprisingly easy to maintain very good end of the karmic scale. Also, the weapons were also somewhat dissapointing. The shotgun is just an extended shotgun from the existing game, and I believe they already had the shovel model. The only real new weapon I've found is the axe, which isn't very special. Anyways, the rest is looking great. The best part about exploration here is that pretty much anything you find will have something interesting. this is still definitely my favorite DLC, and considering that the newest one usually is, I really want to see what mothership zeta is going to be like.

I really liked this DLC. When I first stepped off the ship I was amazed by the size of the place and the number of quests. It was kinda like being in a horror movie, with a bunch of mutated country bumpkins. The part when traveling back from the Giant Punga was hilarious (it had a dead Moira). The bogs were great; just the little things like that.

I especially liked finding Kenny's cave after going through all his "ghost traps," that was a nice touch. Spooky.

If you haven't found it yet, make sure you use the mine entrance by the water when you go in first time, not the "Kenny's cave" entrance near the Ark & Dove cathedral.

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question for the very end. Is there any way to get back my piece of brain back into my head? I have it back, I just don't know what to do with it. I miss it. :confused:

Put it on your shelf, hock it for booze money, or load it into the Rock-it Launcher and have fun.

Put it on your shelf, hock it for booze money, or load it into the Rock-it Launcher and have fun.

It's eerily like the Mutated Toe from FO2, complete with the "terrible sense of loss" reference. Too bad you can't eat it.

Someone'll mod it in.