Vortex mod installation confusion

EQBallzz

Not thrilled with the Vortex constant hard sell and I think I need to find a different mod manager. I followed the install instructions for both Vortex and the game, and yet... neither of the 2 mods for starfield are working. Hopefully there is a way to manually install these Starfield mods, because at this point, I want Vortex off my machine.

Not thrilled with the Vortex constant hard sell and I think I need to find a different mod manager. I followed the install instructions for both Vortex and the game, and yet... neither of the 2 mods for starfield are working. Hopefully there is a way to manually install these Starfield mods, because at this point, I want Vortex off my machine.

Mod Organizer 2 seems to have starfield dialed in. That said, I install ALL of my mods manually for Starfield.....

Mod Organizer 2 seems to have starfield dialed in. That said, I install ALL of my mods manually for Starfield.....

Yeah, I was just looking into doing that. Seems way overly complex (as compared to something like ESO, for instance).

Yeah, I was just looking into doing that. Seems way overly complex (as compared to something like ESO, for instance).

I started with Morrowind..... so I am used to it by now. :D Once you install a couple, you'll figger it out. :D

I started with Morrowind..... so I am used to it by now. :D Once you install a couple, you'll figger it out. :D

Maybe. OTOH, I can't even get the flashlight texture to work. The directions for manually installing it, while simple, are clearly not correct since it says to over-write the current textures file in MyDocuments with theirs. And that would mean whatever was in there, be it other mods or original textures, would no longer work.

Original textures will be in an archive, that's what the whole 'archive invalidation' thing is all about. I had to put those lines in the starfield.ini in the game folder, for it to work properly. (no clue why) There is also instructions out there on how to get rid of the data folder in the My Games folder (which I recommend, don't wanna be installing mods to the O/S drive..... personal preference I suppose.) Then everything just goes to the game install folder, and removes some of the confusion.