[mod request] "Foundation is too tall" fix

Redwyrm

I second this. big time. though i imagine until the creation kit comes out it will be rather hard to mod maybe..

Spent about half an hour to an hour painfully scaling up a mountain with only the basic boost pack and a roughly 350% overweight capacity.
(yes it was painful, don't ask :q)

Just to find out that there wasn't quiiiite enough flat area to place a landing pad.

Even though in the preview the stairs that dynamically extend or retract based on height, clearly show that they will go as far as over a hundred meters or so.

And yet we're limited to keeping ground height at a max of probably around 10 meters.... on all sides, all corners...

And if there's more than the limit on just a tiiiiny teensy little part even if it's a part that has to access way into the structure/pad it will block it..

*insert crying noises* god damn bethesda in their infinite omnipotent wisdom..

Edit: also i think i request that this be moved by a mod or someone please to the mod ideas category where it belongs

• 1 month later...

I third this massively!

Currently building a series of mining outposts to try and manufacture most items you'd need in the game.

But for my last extraction outpost I need, the spots on the planet with every material I need to make the supply chain work are all in the mountains and can't be equipped with a cargo link because the ground isn't flat enough until I find a workaround, and if I can't find a workaround then my chain falls flat on its face.

When using "help foundation" the output has these lines:

DFOB:OutpostFoundationNodeKeyword_DO (0020C5B1) ''
DFOB:SnapBehaviorFoundation_DO (0007086A) ''
DFOB:WorkshopAutoFoundationMaxHeight_DO (002B29BF) ''
DFOB:WorkshopAutoFoundationTwoClickBuild_DO (002B416A) ''
KWYD: OutpostFoundationSnapNode (00211C0A) ''
KWYD: SmartSnapFoundationRefKwd (00000192) ''
KWYD: SnapBehaviourFoundation (00070869) ''
AVIF: WorkshopAutoFoundationMaxHeight (002B29BE) ''
AVIF: WorkshopAutoFoundationTwoClockBuild (002B4169) ''

When running "player.getav WorkshopAutoFoundationMaxHeight"

the result is 0.00.

I tried running "playersetav WorkshopAutoFoundationMaxHeight 1.00"

with no result. Also tried 10, 100 and 1000000000.

The other commands? or vars? i can't do nothing with it. Never modded nothing on creation engine.

Guest deleted37188815

Yeah this needs to be fixed. I have five or more outposts were I cannot put a landing pad on because the ground is too uneven. A good trick to save having to climb up a tricky mountain - at the bottom of the mountain place the beacon, press v to toggle the view and go into the overview mode, move it to the top of the mountain, exit the build mode, use the surface map to travel to the beacon, you're now at the top of the mountain, delete the beacon, and re-place to where you want the centre of the outpost to be.

Just a note this can produce some odd bugs, as it appears the build area also has a height limit, meaning that if the mountain is quite tall, you can't move the outpost to the top as it thinks it outside the boundary even though it is inside the yellow circle. Oddly, this also means I can place another outpost actually inside the boundary of the first, but above the height limit. I also some how ended up with half of a mountain becoming a 'restricted area' for no reason. Why they didn't just port the fallout 4 settlement building, which worked really well and had a lot of nice features, I don't know.

If they just added a right angle for the hallways then it would be possible to build a lot more structures.

Edited by tridasha

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see this too, at one of my outposts my helium is on a hill. I can build the basic extractors just fine, but now trying to upgrade to the better extractors is a nightmare. I've been able to replace only about half of them because of the foundation restriction. When you look at it visually it honestly doesn't look like the new ones will have much more concrete below them than the old ones maybe just a bit more due to the size but nothing significant.

• 3 months later...